8. Hanging out at the Rez

JACOBS POV
We rode up on the shaded path dripping wet and riding the remnants of our laughter. I could feel her deceptively slender yet strong arms wrapped around me. I pulled over the bike and turned to look at Katie.  Just looking at her knocked the breath from me. Her bright hair turned dark from the rain, her ponytail plastered to her face. Her green eyes bright with laughter despite the bruising surround her eye and cheek. My heart sped up as soon as I looked at her, my mate, my imprint, my Katie. She is mine and I am hers. My eyes traced a drops of water curving down her cheeks and my fingers twitched from the effort it took to keep from touching her. She swung one leg off the bike and slide off it to stand. The rain was still pouring so hard I could barely see. Katie grabbed my hand yelling "Come on!" With a laugh and started sprinting to Emily's house. We thundered to a stop and threw open the door. Inside, Leah and Seth were eating at the table, probably just about to head our for their rotation of patrol. "What the-" Seth exclaimed as he jumped up from the table. But as he took in Katie, recognition dawned in his eyes "Oooohh you're Katie. I'm Seth, nice to meet ya" He said as he shook Katie's hand, "I've heard all about you!" Katie glanced at me curious but happily surprised at this young boy in front of her. "Should I be concerned with what was said?" Was Katie's response. Before I could answer her Leah stood up and walked over. "Nice eye." Was all Leah said, my temper flared but Katie had a wicked grin and gleam in her eye and said "thanks, you should see the other guys." Leah gave her an a once over and said with reluctant admiration "Heard about your fight. You fought six?" Katie answered with a smirk "Eight. But it wasn't much of a fight" Leah chuckled and both Seth and I whipped our heads toward her,  getting Leah to laugh since the incident is nearly impossible. Leah said as she walked out to the door and into the rain "Oh yeah, we'll have fun together" Katie smiled after as well and said "I certainly hope we do" Seth and I just stared at her mouths agape "What?" She asked, Seth just shook his head mumbled a nice to meet you and ran into the rain.

Okay I know it's really really really short but I've got so many ideas I just need to work them out of the tangle in my mind, thanks for 100 reads. I'll update soon! Promise!!
Love ya
Colby Cheese