Eyes of Innocence

"Y/N..." Bruce said. I looked at him. "I've wanted to tell you something for awhile now, but I don't know how you would react..." He quietly said in his dressing room. I was confused.
"What?" I asked.
"I- I love-."
My alarm clock shot off. 6:00 AM. God damn it. Another dream, ruined.
I got out of bed and did my morning routine. Get a shower, wash my face, brush my teeth, get dressed and attempt to sneak out.
I walked out into the living room to still see the stripper and my boyfriend asleep and naked. I had officially had enough.
I took a pen from my purse and grabbed a sticky note.
It's over. I can't do this anymore with you. I'm tired of you cheating, mentally abusing and physically abusing me.
P.S- Took clothes I wanted. Sell the rest you broke cunt. You might need some Cheerios.
-Y/N
Fed up, I grabbed a small backpack and filled it with as many clothes as I could. I grabbed every little bit of lose money. I grabbed my keys, and off I went.
I didn't have any idea where I was gonna go. The only option I could do is stay in a hotel for a month until I have to go with the band on Flight 666. Only problem, hotels are expensive and I don't have friends to take me in. This might be a problem, but I'll get to it soon enough.
I didn't have really anything valuable in the apartment. All I brought were my very few Maiden t shirts and nice dress clothing. My boyfriend hated Maiden, so he didn't allow me to get all of the shirts, cds, vinyls or anything like that from Maiden. I had to do all of that in secrecy.
I put in my Number of The Beast cd.
"We want information... information... information. Who are you? The new number 2, who is number 1. You are number 6.
I am not a number, I am a free man!"
I blasted the volume and sang along, not caring about all the noise. I went and got my morning coffee and went to a gas station to grab food and fuel up. With my superior coffee and shitty but good breakfast sandwich, I started driving. I don't know where I was going but there I drove, blasting Maiden. I listened to the whole Number of the Beast album then I grabbed my Bruce Dickinson albums and tried to pick one.
I grabbed Accident of Birth CD and put it in the player.
I honestly can't believe the guy I'm listening to is now what I would consider a friend. A guy I've been looking up to for years is my friend.
How the world turns.
I never noticed it, but my ex was now blowing up my phone. Texts and calls came flooding in.
"Where are you?!"
"Come back"
"I'm sorry"
"Please take me back"
"Y/N fucking speak to me"
I turned off my phone and sighed. Why was I put here? Why did I ever become his girlfriend.
"A man of sorrows wept, with thoughts that dare not speak their name. Trapped inside a body, made to feel only guilt and shame. His anger all his life, 'I hate myself!' He cried."
I sang along to the chorus, silently sobbing.
"Is your journey over? Has it just begun? Has it just begun...?"
I felt empty.
After the tour, I won't have anything to do. Unless Rod hires me permanently.
I doubt it will happen. The only thing I'm doing is reassuring everything is in place. He can definitely find someone way better at that than me.
My phone vibrated again. I looked down to surprisingly not see my ex's number. It was Rod's.
I picked up my phone and answered.
"Hello?"
"Y/N! Surprised you're up. Me and the rest of the guys are going to lunch around noon then going back to Janick's house. Care to join us?"
"Yeah, of course. Where we goin?"
"That small cafe near the pub we went to last night. It's near there."
"Gotcha. I'll be there."
"Sweet! Thanks, darlin'!"
We ended the call. What am I supposed to do in the meantime?
Wait.
I don't have someone to control where I go.
I went back into town and went to the stores I never could go to. I went to the mall and got new clothes, I didn't have anywhere to put them except in the backseat of my car. Oh well I guess.
I soon found myself in an electronic section of Target. All the nice phones were out but they costed a fortune. Then I saw cameras.
Really nice cameras.
I need to get one for the tour.
Sony Alpha 900.
It was really expensive. I took out my wallet and looked at all the loose money I collected from the apartment.
$137.
I sighed as I picked up the box that the camera was held in. I looked at the price tag once again. Defeated, I bought the camera with my card.
For a camera, it had amazing quality. I walked out of the mall and looked at my phone to check the time.
11:01.
Time flies by when you're having fun shopping I guess. I still had an hour before meeting up with the boys.
So I decided to go to the cafe and wait patiently for them.
I scrolled through articles about things I didn't know much about while listening to my music quietly. I came across one article that left me pretty confused.
Iron Maiden's lead singer seen with new girl?
Bruce Dickinson, the lead singer of the British heavy metal band Iron Maiden, was spotted yesterday with a girl. Since his divorce in 2006, he has not been seen with any woman since. Could this be his girlfriend?!
In my dreams article, in my dreams...
Scrolling through the comments on the post everyone was freaking out for no clear reason. It was entertaining yet awkward.
It was interesting seeing some women and their reactions, they didn't seem too fond of the idea of Bruce having a girlfriend. To be fair, I'd be hurt if I saw him go to another girl like them, only wanting to be known by the media. I hated the girls who were like that. He deserves someone that will treat him like a person, not a 'rockstar' or a 'celebrity'. He needs someone to see him as Bruce, not as Bruce Dickinson.
This kept me thinking for awhile.
Did I want to be with him? Well, yeah.
Do I deserve to be with him?
Hell no. Why would he go for someone like me? I'm not special to him in any way. I'm just the helper of Rod to him.
Bruce's POV
I was a little anxious when noon rolled around. The new planning lady was so nice and polite. Y/N I think her name was. Honestly thought she was beautiful.
Steve told me last night she did have a boyfriend but he wasn't good to her, as she apparently put it. She seemed so innocent and pure, I hope she'd lose the boy. In my mind though, I didn't think she'd drop a guy in favor of having one who was older than her. I was hopeless.
Pulling up to the cafe with all the guys crowded in the SUV, I was relieved to see she was here, but was sitting in her car, fiddling with something. This gave me a weird sense of comfort, she was so pretty.
I entered the restaurant and we took a table. Soon enough she walked in.
Elegant and beautiful.
I wish she was mine. Honestly.
When I saw her face, she looked upset or angry.
I saw Steve lean over to whisper to her, he looked worried about her as well.
I'm not gonna lie, I was jealous of Steve and Y/N's friendship. I'm glad she can be comfortable with someone. I just wish it was me.
She whispered back and Steve looked straight at me after she spoke, shocked and clearly excited to say something.
I sighed.
One day I'll have a girl.
I wish Y/N is the girl.
-
End of Chapter 2.