Troubled.

(Small A/N before this chapter starts; a lot of this book I'm trying to make seem realistically accurate as possible but I will touch a little over the line, meaning not everything will be accurate. On to the chapter!)
———
(Y/N's POV)

I woke up the next morning, tired. I didn't recognize the bed I woke up in, then I recalled all the things that happened last night. I was in Bruce's bed. He wasn't next to me like I had hoped.
I walked downstairs to see Bruce cooking breakfast, I smiled to myself. He was such a sweetheart.
I went downstairs and he looked at me and smiled.
"Y/N, my dear, your breakfast." He said giving me a plate of pancakes and bacon.
"Bruce... You didn't have to. Thank you so much!" I said throwing my arms around him, he hugged back tight.
His hugs were the greatest. They made me feel safe and loved.
He got himself served up and sat down next to me. We ate in silence.
"Thank you, for everything, Bruce." I said genuinely. He looked at me confused,
"What'd I do?" He asked confused.
"You've been nothing but nice to me ever since we met. I never thought I'd ever end up in this position."
"I just did it because I care. I know it's kinda weird to care deeply about someone but." He stopped mid sentence, trying to look for the words to say.
"I don't know, Y/N. You had this thing to you when I first saw you in the pub. You just radiated- serenity. That's just one of the things I like about you, to name just one." He laughed quietly. His smiled died down and went into a face of melancholy.
  "I know it's a subject you wouldn't want to talk about, but what happened with your boyfriend exactly? Steve never really brought it up last night." He trailed off. I sighed and put down my fork.
"Dylan wasn't a good man. I don't know why or really how we hooked up. I guess we were just young and in love. He wasn't loyal, he wasn't caring, he was a bit abusive... He gave me a curfew, if I was late, I'd get yelled at and hit. Although he was never home. He always came home drunk, or with another girl. I had to meet these girls, face to face, I had to shake their hand. I'd go to our room and just cry. I heard them. I just-..." I started to get emotional, all the emotions I felt during that time came flooding back and hit me. Bruce grabbed my hand and held it tightly.
I composed myself and continued to talk.
"-I felt so unloved. It hurt me to know he didn't actually love me, I was just another sex object that lasted longer than usual. Maybe one day I'll find someone who will treat me like an actual person. I hate people my age, honestly..."
It was true. All the men I've dated have been complete assholes. I just wanted someone to love me. No matter how old.
I started tearing up again.
"Y/N, you are a beautiful woman that deserves the world. You have such a passionate and caring heart. There are so many people out there for you." I tried to hear him out, but my mind was in such a bad position, I didn't take it to heart.
"Bruce?" He looked at me, listening intently.
"Do- Do you think I'll ever find him?"
"What? Y/N you-."
"I know I can be so selfish and clingy in a relationship, I just need someone to tell me that I'm a good person.
P-Please tell me.. tell me that I'm good..." I stared crying again. I hated how emotional I've become, and in front of anyone, it had to be the guy of my dreams. He got up and hugged me from behind, he had a look of worry on his face.
"Y/N, listen, you're the greatest person I've ever met.  I care a lot about you. You will find a guy that will care so much about you. I will always be here for you. Always." He whispered in my ear. This made my heart go crazy and caused my cheeks to turn red. I loved this man deep down. I wanted him.
Why would he want me though?
He let go of me, and wiped the tears away. I smiled, and we both continued eating in comfortable silence.
After we were done, he took my plate and did the dishes. I took this opportunity to hug him one last time before I went and got dressed.
"That's not fair! I don't want to make you wet!" He realized what he said at the moment, I laughed so hard. He snickered and covered his mouth with his soapy hand.
This only made me laugh harder. He started giggling and flicked water at me.
"Hey!" I giggled. I dipped my hands in the water and flicked it at him. Immediately, I ran upstairs before he could flick water back on me.
"I gonna get you!" He yelled from downstairs. He rushed upstairs and ran into my room, he then tackled me onto the bed playfully. We giggled and giggled. We were such idiots, and I loved it.
  He left my room so I could change and I did as I planned. He said we'd be going for a walk today around the city. It was rather cold today so I wore something warm and comfortable. I put on a hoodie that was far too large for me, but I loved it and wore it anyway.
I waited downstairs for Bruce and he came walking down in skinny jeans and a black hoodie. He honestly looked cute.
"Comin' with, ya doof?" He asked with the stupid smile on his face. I ran down him and we started our adventure. We made it to the center of town within an hour and it was bustling with people, all bundled up because it was oddly cold today. We laughed and talked while we made circles around town. We went to get coffee and thankfully, I got to pay. Only reason I could is because Bruce forgot his wallet at home. We sat down and started talking about the tour. How long it will last, how many cities, set list ideas. All that jazz. We were having a fun time until someone caught my eye.
It was Dylan.
He was describing a person to a couple that had been walking by, the person he was describing must have been me.
"Hey, are you okay?" Bruce asked, bringing my attention back to him. I looked over his shoulder to see Dylan looking at me. Fear struck me.
Bruce took notice and turned around to the man I had been staring at.
"Is that-?" I nodded. He calmly downed his coffee, threw it into the trash bin that was next to us, grabbed my unoccupied hand, and started heading home. He flipped up his hood and my hood and continued walking.
I looked up at him, he looked pissed. We got home and he let out a sigh of relief.
I put my coffee down and hugged him. He held me tightly, as though he never wanted to let go.
"I made you a promise. I plan on keeping it."
I wanted to say I loved him. But my mouth couldn't make the sound of words.
His phone buzzed in his pocket. He had a call from Rod. I simply gave him a head nod to say, 'I'll leave you be' and then left to explore more of the house. Downstairs area was pretty huge. It had a bar and a living room. Another room had a piano in the center and a guitar in the corner. This room had a certain feel to it, I couldn't put my finger on what I exactly felt.
It was a weird mixture of anger and sadness. I walked over to the piano and all the memories from when I was little came flooding back. I use to play piano all the time, but eventually I got bored of it.
I sat down, turned it on and put the volume down so I wouldn't disturb Bruce. I started playing a tune and thought of small lyrics. Finally, I started playing and singing quietly.
"I know I can't take one more step towards you. 'Cause all that's waiting is regret. Don't you know I'm not your ghost anymore? You lost the love I loved the most. I learned to live, half alive. And now you want me one more time?
Who do you think you are?
Runnin' 'round leaving scars
Collecting your jar of hearts
And tearing love apart
You're gonna catch a cold
From the ice inside your soul
So don't come back for me
Who do you think you are?
I hear you're asking all around. If I am anywhere to be found, But I have grown too strong, to ever fall back in your arms..." I heard footsteps coming down the stairs slowly. I ignored them and kept singing.
"I've learned to live, half alive
And now you want me one more time. Who do you think you are? Runnin' 'round leaving scars, Collecting your jar of hearts, And tearing love apart. You're gonna catch a cold, from the ice inside your soul, so don't come back for me. Who do you think you are? It took so long just to feel alright. Remember how to put back the light in my eyes
I wish I had missed the first time that we kissed, 'cause you broke all your promises, and now you're back, you don't get to get me back.
Who do you think you are?
Runnin' 'round leaving scars
Collecting your jar of hearts
And tearing love apart
You're gonna catch a cold
From the ice inside your soul
Don't come back for me
Don't come back at all
Who do you think you are?
Runnin' 'round leaving scars
Collecting your jar of hearts
Tearing love apart
You're gonna catch a cold
From the ice inside your soul
Don't come back for me
Don't come back at all
Who do you think you are?
Who do you think you are?"
I sighed. It felt good to sing away and not be told to shut up. Bruce was standing in the doorway, looking rather awestruck. He walked towards me and put his hand on my back.
"That was beautiful, Y/N..."
-
End of Chapter 5