Chapter Nine

The next night, Caia was on the phone with Veronica as she pleaded with her to get to Ethel's house. Caia had come up with the plan, and she had to be there for Veronica to feel good about going through with it.

"Caia? Where are you? Chuck will be here soon," Veronica asked, pleading with her to get there soon.

Caia shook her head. "Roni, I promise. I'll be there soon. I just have to talk to Reggie first." After the proceedings of the night before, Caia had come clean to Kevin and Veronica about Reggie. She wasn't really up to explaining to Ethel and Cheryl, though.

Veronica groaned. "Ugh, fine," she relented, annoyed. "Just please get here soon." The dial tone was heard as Veronica hung up.

Someone else might have wondered why Caia was wearing lacy black shorts, a bikini top, and a black choker. However, it was all part of her plan.

Caia opened the texting app on her phone and clicked on Reggie's contact. She quickly typed a text and clicked send.

Can you pick me up at my house. Got some business to take care of. Oh, and we need to talk.

A moment later, her phone dinged with a reply.

Oh god. What did I do?

Also, be over in 5.

Caia smiled deviously. She felt a little bad about blackmailing Reggie to help her, but he had been a total jerk to all the girls he had used. She considered it a little taste of his own medicine

When she heard the car pull up outside of her house, she slipped a black cardigan sweater on her shoulders and pushed the window open. She shimmied out of the small space and down the side of her house. She jumped to the ground and made her way to Reggie's waiting car.

As she opened the door, she was immedaitely met by Reggie's confused face. "What is going on?" He demanded. "And why are you wearing that?"

Caia slipped into the seat and snapped her seatbelt into place. "I need you to take me to Ethel Muggs's house," she stated, not explaining anything else.

Reggie's eyes got wide. "What? Why?"

Caia shot him a side eye. "I know about the playbook, Reggie."

The raven haired boy gulped. "You do?" Caia almost laughed at how high Reggie's voice had gotten. It was clear he was nervous.

Caia nodded. "I won't be mad, as long as you never put your name in that book again." Reggie nodded furiously. "And, if you take me to Ethel's house right now," She added slyly.

Reggie was still skeptical. "Why?"

"Chuck played me and so many other girls," She explained. "Right now, Betty, Veronica, and I are going to get our revenge from him by getting him to admit what he did was bad."

Hesitantly, Reggie shifted the gear into drive and backed out of the drive. "Okay, at least tell me what you're going to do," he reasoned.

"Alright," Caia agreed. "Ethel has a pool, so we're going to pretend we want to get freaky with Chuck. Gross, I know." Reggie wasn't sure he liked that part of the plan. "Then Betty has some big thing planned where she's going to get Chuck to admit what he did. Not really sure exactly what she's going to do."

Reggie sighed. "Alright. If anything goes wrong, make sure you call me." Caia nodded in agreement.

Reggie reluctantly dropped Caia off at Ethel's house. He didn't like this plan and he definitely didn't trust Chuck with Caia. He was terrified something bad would happen.