Chapter Five: Eternally Grateful

(A/N: Before you start reading this, no, I will not normally be posting on Thursdays, I'm only updating today because tomorrow is Friday, one of my update days, and I know I will be busy. I was busy on Monday, too, which is why Monday's chapter was published at about 12:00 on Tuesday morning.

Other than that, enjoy this part and Stay Proud.

-Silver)

January 8th

Dear Diary,

I suppose the shopping trip was a success. Steven did come with us, in the end, and apparently, even though he tries extremely hard to hide it, he very much enjoys it. Especially making me try on random articles of clothing.

In the end, we ended up with bags and bags of new clothes for me, and then we went to a restaurant to eat. The food was just a bit too tasty. I'd assume that the wardrobe we'd just bought wouldn't fit anymore, but Steven reassured me that I would be fine. I believe him. Why wouldn't I?

After we dropped all of that at our house, Steven recommended a few places for us to go for furniture and school supplies. He sent us a list for the latter of what the school asked for, so that's where we're going next.

Unfortunately, Steven said he couldn't come with us.

But the barbecue is tonight, and Steven assured us that he would be there.

"He's a very nice boy," Mum told me as soon as he left. "You should be very glad that you met him." I just shrugged.

But I am glad. Eternally grateful. I just don't know why yet.

Sincerely,

Charles David Barnes