Chapter Six: Defenseless

(A/N: I'm sorry. I'm sorry I'm sorry I'm sorry I'm sorry I'm sorry. I'm sorry.

I should have updated. I know. I'm sorry.

Another reason that I should have updated, other than the fact that I'm mean and stupid, is that I'm going to be in camp this summer. Yes. You read right. Camp. With like, people and stuff? Anyways, because of me going to camp, for the next two months I'm going to have the equivalent to less than three weeks of internet connection. Oh, god, that's terrible. So anyways, I'm posting today for yesterday and hopefully tomorrow for Friday.

Because I'm leaving to camp on Thursday.

Yikes.

Let's all pray for survival, yes?

Enjoy the chapter.

-Silver)

January 9th

Dear Diary,

The barbecue would have been fun, if not for the amount of people present there. But not to worry; Steven and I sat down at the side and he introduced me to some of his friends.

"You didn't tell us you had a guy," one of the bigger boys said.

"Eh, we're friends," Steven had answered. I could tell he was lying. So could that other dude.

The bigger one, Sam, I think, narrowed his eyes, but he didn't say anything.

"Cool. He joining school?"

"Next week," Steven replied.

"You babysitting?" One of the other ones smirked.

"I'm sure Charles is quite capable of handling himself," Steven shot back.

He held up his hands in defeat. "God, so defensive." He grinned. "It's cute. Keep it going."

"Again, just friends."

"Sure," he answered, but he definitely didn't sound convinced.

I suppose I enjoy being with Steven's friends.

School for me starts in three days. I'm not entirely sure if I should be upset or excited.

Sincerely,

Charles David Barnes