Chapter 13 mi Amore

A few minutes later I still found myself in the same position , sitting on the kitchen counter , James standing between my legs , us both staring deeply into each others eyes .

He took his hand and put a stray hair behind my ear softly as the brief contact made me swoon all over again.

"So... what now ?"

"What do you mean what now ?"

"I mean what do we tell Nick ?"

"Um ... nothing ? I mean it was just a kiss right ? Nothing more . What's there to tell? And besides Nick and I are together and this -"

I motioned between us

"-was just ... it . Nothing more . Sorry "

I hated saying that .

Even though on the outside I said I'm not interested and that the kiss ment nothing , on the inside I was yelling for him to do it again . I felt this connection between us too and to be honest Nick has never made me feel like this, ever . But as much as Id like- love to be with James , I can't bare leaving Nick ,especially for his cousin ! I'll feel terrible till the day I die !

"We both know you're just saying that. You can't deny the fact that you enjoyed that kiss and also feel the connection between us ."

He's right , I cant deny any of that . But I sure can try. For Nick's sake atleast.

"You're right . But that doesn't matter because I'm not going to break Nick's heart , not like this anyway ."

"So , what I'm hearing is, you still want to see me ? "

"Yes , No! I mean yes ... i do , but can't. "

"Nothing's stopping us . But if you feel so strongly about Nick , why don't you still go out with him and I'll be in the background . I'll be like your ...nightcrawler . How about that ?"

Well , there couldn't be any harm in that right ? I mean Nick would never find out and I still get to see James , just without Nick's knowing. Technically it's not cheating cause we're not dating ...

"Okay ... but then I have to go before Nick comes back looking for me ."

I jumped off the counter and made my way back to the cocoa reheating it , since it's cold by now . When two warm arms wrapped around me . He leaned down and whisperd into my ear, "unil later M'lady " and as soon as he whisperd those words , he was gone leaving no sign of what happed only moments ago .

I took a deep breath , closing my eyes, just calming myself and my heartbeat that's beating at 200 miles per hour . A broad smile spread across my face again.

I grabbed the mugs and made my way to the living room seeing Nick watching football with his cousins Trevor and Noah , they're also twins . I find their parents' sense of humor very funny  when naming those two .

I took a seat next to Nick as he took the mug from my hand drapping his other hand over my shoulder .

"Wow , you've been gone a long time love. Forgot your way back ?"

I smiled sheepishly sipping my cocoa slowly, trying to avoid his question.

"What? Cat got your tongue ?" He chuckled.

If only you knew ...

"No silly , I just had some trouble with the kettle thats all ." I tried lessening the tension by joking around and by the looks of it , he bought it .

"You do know we have a coffee maker right? "

"I do now ..." i mumbled to myself .

The rest of the evening went by smoothly.

After the football game we all went to the dining room to eat . We all ate while the grown ups chatted amongst themselves .

I sat next to Nick as he ate with his one hand and his other resting on my thigh. It felt strange , diffrent ... But I shook that thought off pretty fast . It's just my imgination . James was no where to be seen since our kitchen encounter , not that I mind . It would've just made me more tensed if he was around anyway.

About 10 pm I started to yawn like crazy and the eventful day has taken it's toll on me .

I said my goodbyes to his family and my goodnight to Nick before making my way back home .

Mom , Dad and Asher were all already asleep so it was pretty quite . It was like walking into a graveyard . Creepy... I wasn't a big fan of the dark . Or what hides in it .

I made my way upstairs as silent as possible. Turning my door knob ever so gently so it doesn't creek ( it tends to do that a lot ) as I opened my door I saw my room lit  with red candles .

Confused and intrigued I stepped further into my room , as I saw rose pettles scatterd across my bed and the scent of the scented candles now first filling my nose . It was a sweet , rose smell .

So cliché.

And in the middle of my bed was a card . I picked it up ever so gently not to distrub the rose pettles ,I opened the card .

I always knew that love would come find me someday
but never did I know that it would be you who was headed my way
you caught me off guard and took me by surprise
but you simply captivated me, the same way you do when I look into your eyes. I may have met you by chance but that beautiful smile of yours have put me into a trance . I wish to never let you go and tell you each and every day Ti Amo . You'll never have to doubt my love for you , it'll always stay pure and true . Maddie , Madison , Mi Amore , that's all I could come up with but you know my intentions are true and my feelings towards you . I may have known you for 10 minutes but that's all I needed to know you're mine forever. Enjoy the bubble bath my love see you soon .

Yours now and forever

James xxx

I smiled to myself as I took in the rose scent surrounding me .

This was so worth going to meet his family for.

What did you think ? Any thoughts ? Please help me help you to read and enjoy it more . I struggle sometimes getting the idea in my head across to you all . So please let me know what your thoughts are .❤❤