Chapter 22 Steamy

I smiled a nervous smile not knowing how to respond to that. 

He rubbed his hands down his sides and then through his hair. 

"Um , I was planning to this a little later on , but since you're  pregnant now , I guess now's as good as time as ever . " he said with a broad smile as he , got down on one knee !?

Get up ! Get up you idiot ! It's not even yours ! I was yelling at him in my mind . In hindsight I must've said this aloud or I don't know , from the start !

"Madison Kate Brooke , will you do me the amazing honour of marrying me ? " he said with the biggest smile .

Um ... what do I do now !?

911 I'd like to report I heart that just , stopped !

I couldn't muster any words . I mean sure I love Nick , with all my heart and I'd love to marry him , but not this way . Not him thinking I'm having his child . Thats not right .

"Maddie ? " he brought me back from my thoughts. 

I lifted my head up as he jumped up in excitement , twirling me around .

What just happend ?

Seriously? What's with me today . I didn't mean to nod my head . I was just lifting my head up for crying out loud !

Well , it's too late to turn back now . I just have to go through with this .

"Nick , honey , I ... have to go somewhere , I forgot to do something . Do you mind if I catch up later with you ? "

"Sure , see you later FIANCE "

Ooooo that word ! Its enough for the guilt to come bubbling up !

****
20 minutes later I stood outside of  James's apartment door .

Deep breaths Maddie I told myself when I heard the turn of the key .

"Hey baby what brings you here ? " James asked as he stood before me in nothing but a loose hanging pajama pants . I averted my eyes from his chiseled abs,  completely distracting me from what I came here to do .

"Um , can we talk ? "
"Sure . "

I followed him as he led us to the couch .

Here goes nothing .

"What? I'm going to be a dad ? Maddie that's amazing ! " He said as he engolved me in a hug .

"Wait , there's more . Nick kind of found out by accident . He saw the test in my room when I was on my way to you . He thought it was his so he ... he um , proposed to me ... "

"Maddie please tell me you said no . "

I couldn't look him in the eyes . I couldn't see the disappointment on his face. 

"Maddie please tell me you said no? " he repeated,  more seriously this time

"I mean I didn't mean to ..." I trailed off hopeful that he'll understand my predicament. 

"What do you mean ' you didn't mean to '"

"After him thinking it was his , I felt super guilty for letting him think it was him all along and that it wasn't his to begin with . So I lowerd my head , staring at the ground ,not knowing what to say ... and I guess when he said my name again , I lifted my head and he took that as a nod , as in a yes . "

He stayed quite . I didn't know what that ment . I've never seen James like this .

I reached my hand,  touching his , thinking he'll pull away , dissapointed and disgusted by me . But he didn't.  He sat there frozen .

"Well then we have to tell him . We have to tell him about us and that this is NOT  his child , it's mine . "

"What?  " I asked  slightly taken back

"Maddie you know I love you.  You're my whole world , I'd do anything for you . But letting you marry my cousin and him raising my child thinking it's his is a little too much don't you think.  I didn't mind being the other guy until now . I want to marry you and raise our child together.  I can't just stand by and watch my cousin having my life . "

"I understand." That's all I said . All I could muster . All I knew what to say .

"Hey , I'll let you tell him yourself . I won't interfere,  I  promise . I'll even give you ... a week to tell him . Sound good ? "

I mean it's pretty reasonable . I don't have to do it right away and a fight won't break out cause James won't be there .

"Okay " I said with a smile .

"I can't believe I'm going to be a dad !" James exclaimed again as his lips found mine .

What started out as a soft and innocent kiss soos turned out into a steamy make out settion .

We pulled back breathlessly as I still saw the same smile flickering on his face .

He was happy . Very happy .

And that warmed my heart. Gosh I loved him so much!

That's it for now 😊 hope you enjoyed let me know what your thoughts are below ❤❤