Chapter 30 hold on I still need you

*2 months later *

"Maddie !"

"Up here!" I call back as I'm met moments later with a smiling James .

He walks over to me as I pack away the last of the babyshower gifts into the drawer in the nursery .

A few months back we could've found out the gender but I dismissed any ideas of finding out . I wanted to be surpised . So Instead  we're going neutral. 

Regarding the names , we've luckily decided that before hand , just for it not to be a rushed decision the day of. Each one of us chose our favorite name for each Gender .

Nick chose , Emma for a girl and Logan  for a boy .

James chose , Addison for a girl and Noah for a boy .

As for me , well , my favorites are a secret . From them and everyone else.

"What have you been up to ? " James says , giving me a kiss in my neck from behind. 

"Nothing much ,just been packing and cleaning the nursery for a bit . You ? Tough day at work ? " I said turning around in his arms , facing him .

"Nah , not really , just long that's all . Wished I could rather be here home with you than talking medical fund transactions with Rob . "

I just rolled my eyes and gave him a quick peck on his lips .

"Better ? "
"I don't know , you'll have to do it again just to make sure . " 

I  did it again as he this time held me closer and deepend the kiss .

"Now that's what I call a proper welcome home . " he said as he pulled back with that silly grin on his face. 

"You , Mr Clarke ,are something special . "

"I know . " he said and walked out the room like a kid who just got candy . Is it weird that I keep comparing them both to children ?

I shook my head and closed the drawer before following him downstairs .

"You're home early . " I said to a half asleep Nick on the couch .

"I am . "

Okay ...

That was short and sweet .

But I dismissed any negative ideas and went to dish up.

"Have you noticed anything weird about Nick ?" 

"Not really ... but then again I hardly notice anything. " James replied , handing me the bowls . "Why do you ask ? Is there something I should know about?  "

"Um ,no I just thought I picked something weird up about him . guess it was all my imagination  . "

He just gave me a nod and took the bowls to the table as I followed behind  him .

"So , anything exciting happen at work today?  " I asked , trying to relieve some of the  akwardness around the dinner table .

"Well , Peter got a promotion.  " James said , with a mouthful of pasta.

"That's great ! I bet Jenny's really excited about that . I mean he's been working so hard for so long , he really deserves it , don't you agree ? "

"Yeah , totally . "

I looked over to Nick seeing him with a distant look in his eyes , almost like he wasn't really here. 

"What do you think Nick ? "

"Huh ? "

"Peter . What do you think ? About his promotion?  "

He just remained silient , almost as if he didn't hear a word I was saying .

"Nick ? I'm taking to you sweetheart ." I reached my hand out to touch him , as he quickly shook my hand off as if I had the plague or something. 

"Yeah well , maybe I don't feel like talking. Or staying here anymore . Maybe I don't feel like sharing anymore . Maybe Peter didn't deserve that promotion . And Maybe ! I didn't deserve to get fired today ! " he shouted rather loudly , getting up and shoving his chair against the wall and storming out .

I turned to James with teary eyes , not really knowing if this had anything to do with me or if it's just his bad day .

"I'll handle it . " James said , grabbing his keys and running after Nick .

I stood up and made my way to the couch as a sharp pain rippled through my entire body .

I hunched over in pain but shook it off as nothing since I've been having them for a while now mainly because I've been really tensed about everything going on here.

Slowly I made my way to the couch , sitting down and rubbing small circles over my abdomen , hoping to calm little baby down enough for the pain to stop .

I breathed out a sigh of relief as the pain subsided just to be knocked off guard again with another -harder this time - and certainly more painful .

I cringed forward - with my hands on my knees and my head bowed - as it feels as if it only gets worse .

"Calm down , little one . Mommy's not upset , I'm okay . Please stop hurting me . " I whisperd , hoping that it'll do any good .

I made my way back to the kitchen to make some tea , willing to try anything to calm myself and hopefully this baby .

Stiring the tea , I took a sip , feeling the hot , soothing substance run down my throat.  And then down my leg. 

Looking down I see my yoga pants soaked . Out of all the times for me to wet myself it had to be now .

I make my way upstairs slowly as another pain goes right through me , making me hunch over the railing . Taking a deep breath I continue upstairs .

After the 10th hit of pain , I realize that this wasn't normal and something had to be wrong. 

Then realizing something had to be wrong , I started to cry . I can't afford to lose this little baby , it's the only person I still have left. The only thing connecting me to one of them , no matter who . It's the only reason I still have a relationship with either one of them .

With tear filled eyes I dialed the only person I knew to call .

*Dialing mom ...*

"Mom !"

"Honey what's wrong ? "

"I don't know , but I need you to get over here quick ! Somethings terribly wrong with the baby and I don't know what it is . " I cried into the phone. 

"Okay honey,  stay calm . Where's Nick and James ? "

"I don't know . Um Nick stormed off and James went after him. Mom , please hurry.  I can't lose this baby ! " I cried as I heard the line go silient on the other end  .

I curled up on the bathroom floor as I hear my mom say ;

"hold on Honey ! "

If only she came sooner ...

What did you think !?

First off,  Happy November !!! Believe it or not this is my first week off from my Finals,  until next week tho , but still ! I had time to rest up and gift you all with an early Christmas present! A new chapter! And the rest are soon following!!! Sadly tho , there's only about 1 or 2 left until the end of the book 😭 sad , I know ! But I hope to keep this interesting till the very last word . Thank you for reading . ❤❤❤❤ Don't forget to comment and vote! 😉