6 Meeting New People, Approaching Old Problems

{Y/N}'s P.O.V

Right now we are at the campfire. I sit quietly at my place, twisting my ring. I kept thinking of what I saw at the forges. Leo could control fire. He could create fire and was immune to it.

I was pushed away of my thoughts gladly when Chiron started talking. Annabeth came and sat next to me. Chiron started explaining all that I already knew so I tuned off for a while, but the moment he mentioned a mission I popped my head up. Rachel, our new oracle, approached the center of the campfire and her eyes turned green. This is the first time I was actually present to hear an official prophecy, since the only other I heard was the one in my dream which, turned out was the next big prophecy that everyone already knew except me, since I had left earlier during the battle of Manhattan

When Rachel was done I looked at Annie, "Is it normal that she collapses?" I asked. She nodded and there was a moment of silence where everyone was just thinking about the prophecy. They were clearly talking about a son of Zeus, Hephaestus and a daughter of Aphrodite. And then there were the giants... I looked at Chiron. Annabeth was having a silent conversation with him. Could it be? She seemed to be asking, looking into the centaurs eyes. He shook his head as if to say not now. I did not try to intervene and figure out what they meant.

Finally he spoke, and his voice silenced all the hushed whispers in the pavilion. However someone spoke up the questions that was in every one's minds. "A son of Zeus? But there are none!" It was then that Chiron shot a glance at Jason. The boy rose his arm and I felt the electric current and knew what was about to happen before seeing it. A bolt of lightning crashed into the fire, and the following moments passed in a flash before my eyes. I saw my mom, Hades and my siblings in a hotel. My mom was crying and Hades was trying to persuade her into doing something. Then she went upstairs, and my siblings and Hades felt it coming but it was too fast for any human to react to it. Which was why Hades was the only one that took action. He raised a wall of darkness just in time to protect my siblings from a ray of lightning that came crashing down. After that everything was just a bright searing white light.

I felt someone shaking my shoulders and that brought me back to the present. "{Y/N}, {Y/N}! Are you okay?" I realized the voice was Annabeth. I weakly nodded and stuttered back a response "I'm-I'm fine," Even though I was pretty sure I wasn't fine. "What happened?" I asked as I noticed that the campers discussed something in hushed whispers. Annabeth looked very concerned, "they decided that the son of Hephaestus that should go in the mission is Leo. That is, if he can find a method of transportation for his team in time," I nodded. "Thanks." It was a bit hard for me to believe that Leo was wiling to go in the mission but I let that slide and turned my attention towards the campfire. Right at that time Drew decided to get up and do a speech about how she was the chosen daughter of Aphrodite that should go in the mission, though everyone knew she just wanted to go because she wanted to be with Jason. However before anyone else had the chance to oppose, Piper intervened "No, it is me who should go." My head snapped in her direction and I was surprised to see that while her voice sounded strong and sure, she had a look of desperation in her face. Drew looked at the girl with disdain written all over her face, "You?" she spat, "You're not even a-" but she never got to finish that sentence since right at that moment Aphrodite's symbol appeared over Piper's head.

All of us bowed in unison as Chiron proclaimed, "All hail Piper McLean, Daughter of Aphrodite, goddess of love and beauty, mistress of doves." When I looked up I realized she had had a total makeover and now was showered in makeup, and I wasn't able to contain my laughter when I realized she was absolutely terrified over the fact that she was wearing makeup. I lowered my head and smiled at the floor. I had a feeling that Piper would be just like Silena, and there would finally be someone to put Drew in her place.