Why now?

Pov Dipper

We have to work with Soul for the rest of the two weeks. She told us that on Friday of our final week is the day of the tourment.

We have to bring our superhero outfits and wear them when we do this. I have a bad feeling in stomach for some reason. I-I don't know why I have this bad feeling in my stomach.

Mabel starts to poke my cheek and I look over to her. Her face looked concerned about me. I looked at her and she makes a dull smile.

"I-I have a bad feeling." I stuttered.
"About what silly?" Mabel smiled.
"I-I don't know Mabel, I-I just have this bad feeling. I-I'm so scared." I said making a fist.
"There's nothing to be scared about." Mabel said.
"I know there isn't, but I-I just can't ignore this feeling in the pit of my stomach Mabel."

I looked at it as my hands slowly turn black. I started to turn a bit pale and my aching heart started to race.

"Come on Mason!" A male vocie said.
"Come on Mason, let's go!" A female vocie.
"I'm coming ******* and ******!" I laughed.
"Stop being so slow! Mark is going to be mad at us for sneaking out." He said.
"Mark is gonna kill us because we skipped training to see a puppies at a pet store." She said.
"Dad won't be as mad, I left a note that we went to steal something." I said.
"He won't believe that." He said.
"We can get introuble together!" She smiled.
"Friends forever!" I yelled.

Those two were close to me but one was even closer to me. Best friend and a close friend.

"You had me worried sick." Dad told us.
"We didn't go that far." She pouted.
"You're only six and seven." Dad said.
"We're big boys." He said.
"Yeah." She said.
"Sorry dad, but we didn't get hurt." I said.
"Just glad my little villians are safe." Dad said hugging the three of us.
"Hugs!" She smiled.
"Gross." He said.
"Man up ******." I would smile.
"You don't have to work today, go be kids." Dad would say.
"Thanks Mark!" The two would say.
"Thanks Dad." I would smile.

He treated them like his own and I loved him for it because they wer-

I felt a tap on my shoulder and my hand quickly turned back to it's regular color. I looked up and it was Mabel.

"Are you okay Dipper? I'm seriously worried about you." Mabel said.
"Y-Yeah j-just thinking." I stuttered.
"That wasn't thinking bro, your hand turning black and you're somewhat sweating and that isn't thinking." Mabel said.
"Remembering." I said.
"Okay, but if you see to take a break tell me." Mabel said.
"I-I'll be just fine." I said.
"Alright." Mabel said.
"Yeah..." I mumbled.
"Why now?"

Mabel looked at my and gave me a long side hug and smiled. I was trying to push off that remembering feeling from the pit of my stomach.

My eyes glowed as a awful memory flashes my mind.

"You're weak, get up Mason!"
"Y-Yes sir... "
"You're a fucking waste Mason, get up and do it!"

He kicked me in the stomach and I fell back down. I looked at him and he was ashamed.

"I-I'll make you proud..."