Control

After a game of volleyball (which was basically a free for all), Steven announced that he wanted to go for a short walk. Jerome offered to go with him seeing as he wanted to get to know Steven better and incase any bizarre mobs popped up so that they could take them on together. As they walked the talked.

"So Steven," Jerome said," Adam said that you're friends with a zombie and an enderman. How did that happen?"

"Its kinda long and complicated," Steven replied," I met Dave, the zombie, while mining and Dave introduced me to the enderman, Blart, who worked at a mob bar."

"A mob bar. Wow. And Dave didn't attack you?" Jerome asked with a raised eyebrow.

"No. For some reason he just stayed there. Watching me. It was actually really creepy at the time," Steven said with a small shiver," Now tell me about you. You look like a......."

"A dog?" Jerome chuckled.

"Um yeah. Sorry if I'm putting it disrespectfully. Are you a hybrid?" Steven asked.

"Not really. Hybrids only have ears and tails but i guess i could be classified as one of them. I'm a bacca," Jerome said.

"Oh. From that clan that died out all those years ago?" Steven asked. Jerome didn't respond. Steven went wide eyed.

"Oh Notch I'm sorry," Steven protested," I didn't mean to bring up any bad memories. I should have......."

"Shush," Jerome said, putting a hand over Steven's mouth.

"whats wrong?" Steven asked, though his voice was muffled because of the furred hand over his mouth.

"Were not alone here," Jerome said, lowering his hand.

"What do you mean?" Steven asked as Jerome took out his diamond axe. Deep moans were heard.

"Zombies?" Steven asked, pulling out his iron sword.

"Yup. Mutants to be more precise," Jerome said getting into a fighting stance. Steven gulped.

"Mutants!" Steven yelled, should we leave?"

"They would catch us anyway," Jerome said as the moaning drew closer," Were gonna need to fight them."

"Wait. how many are there," Steven asked. Then 3 mutant zombies burst through the area.

"Three of them," Jerome said then jumped out of the way. Steven followed suit. they landed a few feet away from the zombies. A large hole was left where they just stood.

"This wont be easy," Steven said.

"True. common. lets at least try to make our way to an exit. Then it would be a bit.....ARGH!" Jerome yelled as he got hit into tree by a zombie from behind him.

"JEROME!" Steven yelled as he dodged the same zombie.

"I'm fine," Jerome said standing up slowly," Common. we cant stay talking any longer. we need to fight them to make an opening."

"What! I'm not a fighter! i can barely do 5 normal zombies. Much less 3 mutants," Steven protested.

"You just need to hold them off a bit. Not kill them," Jerome said," Lets get going!"

"O-Ok," Steven said. The two started clear a way to an exit.

"Were almost there. Jut a little m................" Jerome was stopped as he was picked up bu a mutant.

"JEROME! NO!" Steven yelled.

"ILL BE FINE! YOU NEED TO GET BACK TO THE BASE!" Jerome yelled back. 

"NO. I AM NOT LEAVING YOU HERE TO DIE!" Steven yelled back. 

"IF YOU DON'T LEAVE THEN WELL BOTH DIE!" Jerome yelled.Then he was lifted to the zombie's mouth. Thats when Steven had enough.

"Put. Him. Down," Steven said. His eyes covered by his hair. The zombies looked at him confused.

"Are you deaf. I said. PUT. HIM. DOWN!" he said again. He looked at them, but instead of his brown eyes, he had white glowing eyes. The zombies squeaked as the put Jerome down and ran off. Jerome took some time to recover first before rushing over to Steven who was doubled over.

"Slama. You ok?" he asked. Steven looked at him with brown eyes once more 'Wait. brown? werent they just glowing white?' he thought to himself.

"Yeah.........Just a bit..............tired. You?" Steven asked.

"A bit bruised. but ill live," Jerome replied putting and arm around Stevens shoulder," Common. Lets go home." Steven nodded as they started walking home.

"You were lucky. Nothing was broken. I dont think i would have been able to do much if there was any broken bones," Mitch said as he bandaged his best friend's wounds. Slama, who was already patched up from the little wounds he got, was asleep in his room.

"How did guys escape though?" Adam asked," And how did Steven get so tired. By the time you both got here he was basically unconscious."

"It was weird.......But its like he was controlling them somehow," Jerome said," And i swore his eyes were glowing white. Like Herobrine's."

"Glowing white?" Adam said to himself," Is he a brine then?" Then a crash was heard. The others turned to Mitch, who was gripping onto the table next to him and clutching his chest. He was also breathing deeply.

"Mitch. You ok?" Adam asked.

"Steven.........," he mumbled,

"What about him?" Jerome asked.

"Steven....... killed...........," He said again.

"Steven.......killed who?" Adam asked.

"My dad. HE KILLED MY DAD!" Mitch yelled gripping his head. 

"MITCH CLAM DOWN! WHATS WRONG WITH YOU!" Adam yelled as he ran to Mitch. Jerome stayed rooted to his spot. He had no idea what was going on, and he kind of feared for his friend's sanity. It wasn't until he heard something break outside. The others didn't seem to hear it. Jerome got up and went to the door. When he looked to his left, he gasped at what he saw.

"Steven?" He asked. The said person looked at him. he clearly had tears in his eyes. He slowly backed away from Jerome towards an open window.

"Wait. Steven!" Jerome yelled an d ran out to reach him. But it was too late. Steven was already out the window. Jerome ran to the window and tried to spot him, but to no avail. he was gone.

"Oh no. Steven," Jerome mumbled.

Slisa-Sorry if this chapter wasn't the best. I was editing as i typed. Ill try to make the next one good!