Chapter 1: Prologue

Disclaimer: I don't own Miraculous ladybug or any of its characters.

Marinette shifted from one feet to another, netvously waiting for her partner in akuma fighting. Sh stood under the shade of a widespread banyan tree, opposite the cinema hall where they were meeting. She was dressed in a crimson red hoodie that seemed to swallow her small stature. She paired the hoodie with black jeans and a ladybug mask, and completed the look with a black purse slung across her shoulder.

A week ago, during patrol, Chat had proposed the idea of going to the movies together. At first, Marinette had dismissed the idea, thinking it was ridiculous but with passing time, she realized just how little they knew about each other despite being partners for almost two years now and trusting each other with their lives. Hence, she brought up the idea the previous day during patrol and mentioned her changed thoughts. They agreed to meet in their civilian form but wearing disguises in order to not stress their kwamis.

"Miss me already, m'lady?" Marinette squeaked and almost jumped in surprise. When she turned, she saw none other than the Chat Noir himself in all his glory. Although he looked a lot different, he had the same cocky attitude.

Chat was wearing a black hoodie with green piping, black jeans and a black mask. The black clothing complimented his summer green eyes which now seemed more human than catlike without the transformation. His normally wild hair was tamed to almost perfection.

"Finally, it's about time you came," Ladybug said.

"I am glad you agreed to do this," Chat replied, with a small smile.

"I only agreed to do this because we know literally nothing about each other," Ladybug stated firmly, "but before we go, I'd like to make a few things clear."

"Pawceed, m'lady," Chat punned. Ladybug rolled her eyes and groaned.

"Firstly," she began,"this is not a date." Marinette turned a little red as she said this.

"Not a date," Chat repeated, sightly blushing himself.

"Secondly," she proceeded, " we don't have to answer any question that might reveal our identity."

"Got it. Or else, it would be cat-astrophic," Chat said with a mocking grin.

"You cat to be kitten with those puns!" Ladybug said annoyed. Just then it dawned on her what she had said. Oh no, she thought.

"Was that a pun m'lady? I am so proud of you!" Chat said with a wide grin as he wiped a fake tear of joy. Ladybug just groaned.

The superhero duo made their way inside the cinema while bickering in their own special way. They had settled on watching a movie about miraculous Ladybug and Chat Noir made in their honour. They found two empty seats in the middle of the hall and settled down with their popcorns and soda. They had a good fifteen minutes to kill before the movie began.

"Oh no!" Ladybug exclaimed suddenly.

A/N: If you are reading this story on any other platform other than Wattpad, you are very likely to be at risk of a malware attack. If you wish to read this story in it's original, safe form, please go https://my.w.tt/xVN3KI8uhY. Thank you.