Chapter 4

Completely breathless because she carried two babies with her, she arrived at the headmistress's office. Heaving a deep breath, she knocked on the door with her foot, as her hands were full.

"Come in."

The door opened magically and she went in. The office was looking just the way it was before the war with each of Dumbledore's inventions standing around.

"Miss Granger, shouldn't you be in class? And are those babies? Why do you carry two babies with you when you are supposed to be in potions class this very minute?"

Hermione gulped and stepped up to her professor's desk.

"I was there, Professor. There was an accident. We were brewing ageing potions as revision and somehow Pansy's potion blew up. Everyone was transformed into babies save for Astoria, Neville and me. Even Professor Snape is a baby — it's a disaster! I sent Astoria and Neville to the infirmary with the others."

Hermione talked as fast as she could, which resulted in her teacher understanding next to nothing.

"Now, now. Calm down and take a seat. Ginger biscuit?", asked the older woman.

Hermione politely declined and started explaining again.

"We were brewing ageing potions as revision. I just finished mine and he praised me. That shocked everyone, understandably. Suddenly Pansy's cauldron bubbled and the turquoise fog was wafting throughout the room, making it hard to see for everyone. Professor Snape shouted that we should get down. Then someone took me down and threw his cloak over me and saved me from this potion. A loud bang followed and after some time I got up, as did Astoria and Neville. We heard a baby crying and one after another found them all turned into babies. We all took two babies and went our ways. I came here with Harry and Professor Snape and sent the others to see Madame Pomfrey."

Her professor seemed to be unable to completely wrap her head around this as she had to ask again.

"So, you want to tell me that due to Miss Parkinson's potion five students plus a teacher were turned into babies?"

The brown-haired witch nodded.

"Let's go and see Poppy now. We need to sort this out," said Minerva McGonagall guiding her student to the hospital wing taking baby Harry from her.

"Ah, there they come. Here, lay them down here next to the others. I already checked them. It seems as though they really are babies. There's no sign that they ever were adults. Let me check Harry and Severus though, one can never be too sure", greeted the medi- witch babbling and already checking on Harry.

"Okay, no. He's a baby, too. Now Severus."

The baby boy who just woke up stared at her something that resembled a scowl on his face.

Oh no, Poppy. No need for that, I'm here and mentally really well. I'm in no way anything near a baby, at least not mentally though my body seems to be betraying me. Parkinson, I knew why I never liked you.

The black-eyed boy was so deep in thought that he didn't really take notice of Madame Pomfrey's examination.

"OK, so it seems as though Severus is the only one with his brain and memory still intact."

You don't say, old crone. Of course, my brain is intact. Maybe you should check yours, you seem a bit crazy to me at the moment.

"What should we do? We can't just let them crawl around", said Minerva, believing herself to be in one of those muggle prankster shows.

"I wouldn't risk trying a correctly brewed ageing potion on the students as their minds couldn't handle it, they will have to wait until they developed enough to try. Severus is another case. He seems to be of a sound mind, or what could pass for one. The only problem is that we don't have any in storage," said Poppy.