Chapter 1~ Birthday Bash

Cindy's POV
Friday, 28th October 2016

"You two look absolutely stunning" My best friends mom, Laura, told us as we walked down the stairs.

"Thanks mom" Macy grinned at her.

"Thank you" I smiled excitedly.

"My girl is growing up so fast" Macy's dad, Jason, joked as he brought her in for hug. I looked over to my mom who stood with my older brother, Ryan, just slightly behind Laura.

"Laura's right sweetie, you look gorgeous" she told me, tears welling up in her eyes.

"Thank you mom" I told her as I hugged her.

"If any guys try to pull you tonight I'll be on them like a hawk" Ryan told me with a mouth full of crisps as he held the bowl in his hands.

"Ryan! That's supposed to be on the snack table!" Laura panicked as she took the bowl from my brothers hands and ushered off to the kitchen to put it back. We all laughed and I responded to him.

"You can't when it's my birthday" I told him.

"And mine" macy grinned as she linked arms with me, joining the conversation.

Tonight was mine and Macy's joint seventeenth birthday party. Our birthdays were only 4 days apart. Macy's birthday was last week on the 22nd of October and mine was this Wednesday the 26th. Every year we celebrate our birthdays together with our families and we were even allowed to have a party this year at Macy's house. Let's just say, Laura was feeling brave.

My brother ryan was two years older than us, he graduated from high school back in June and Macy and I are now in junior year.

"When are the people arriving?" Macy's little brother, Josh, asked as he came down the stairs in his spider man pyjamas, he was only 8.

"In about half an hours time" Jason told him as he picked him and span him around the room. I smiled at the father/son bond the two of them had and instantly thought back to my dad who walked out on us almost 4 years ago now. It will be 4 years in January.

Macy and I took a few pictures separately and together with Ryan as our 'photographer'. He loved the job, note the sarcasm.

I took a moment to admire mine and Macy's outfits. Macy was wearing a gold sequin covered bodycon dress which fitted her body perfectly along side a pair of black heels.

 Macy was wearing a gold sequin covered bodycon dress which fitted her body perfectly along side a pair of black heels

I wore a white/nude(ish) coloured dress which flared a little at the bottom and had a slight pattern to it. To match the dress I wore a pair of nude heels.