Chapter 6~ Ricky advice

Cindy's POV
Next day
Wednesday, 2nd November 2016

"I didn't see you at the party the other night, where were you?" A voice asked from behind me as i put some books in my locker. I turned my head to see Austin.

"Oh, umm, I wasn't really feeling for going to a party" I told him awkwardly.

"It's a shame, would've been great if you were there" he told me.

"I heard it was good though" I told him and closed my locker.

"Yeah it was, you missed out" he nodded.

"I bet I did" I awkwardly responded.

"Hey guys" the voice of my best friend said.

"Macy! Hey!" I said happily because she had practically just saved me from an awkward conversation.

"Hi" she laughed and furrowed her eyebrows at my 'excitement' to see her.

"Great party the other night Austin, I had a lot of fun" she smiled at the senior. He smiled back.

"Good I'm glad, it's a shame Cindy missed out" he said.

"I know right, I tried getting her to come out but she chose against it" she chuckled nervously. I rolled my eyes.

"Anyways, macy and I better head to class. See you around Austin" I told the boy.

"Yeah, see ya!" He waved as I grabbed Macy's wrist and dragged her down the corridor.

"Dude what was that about?" She laughed once I let go of her wrist.

"He kept talking about the fact I wasn't at the party and it was becoming annoying" I laughed lightly.

"Looks like someone has the hots for you" she smirked.

"Oh please don't" I laughed, embarrassed at the thought of Austin liking me.

"He's not the only one either I'm guessing" she smirked at me.

"What do you mean?" I asked her with confusion.

"I saw Emery leave your house late last night" she continued to smirk. I felt my cheeks heat up.

"That was nothing, he only came over to see if I was okay because I didn't stay to hang out last night" I told her.

"Yeah what was up with that?" She asked me.

"I was tired!" I lied.

"Okay whatever, but I thought it was cute that he was at your place until late" she winked at me before the two of us walked into class.

***

Thankfully on Wednesdays, macy always stayed behind to study in the library so I didn't have to give her a ride home today meaning I could drive straight to Kathy's to meet Ricky.

I parked outside the diner and headed inside to see Ricky at a booth already. He smiled when he saw me and I headed over there.

"Hey" he grinned.

"Hey" I smiled back and slid into the booth but opposite him.

We ordered our food and drink before he turned the conversation to be serious whilst we waited.

"So what did want to talk to me about?" He asked me gently.

I took a deep breath and began to speak.

"I don't know how to explain it, I guess I, ugh this is hard!" I complained as I tried to gather my words together. He chuckled at my nervousness and waited for me to continue.