Chapter 7~ safe place

Cindy's POV
Next day,
Thursday, November 3rd 2016

"Yo Macy your cousin is that Ricky kid who used to go here right?" Austin asked her as he came over to us at our lockers.

"Yeah why?" She asked confused.

"He's waiting outside with two other guys, all the girls are gawping at them. But some of the kids in my grade are talking to him because they remember him" he explained.

What were they doing here? School had just finished for the day and we were just collecting our stuff from our lockers when Austin came over. If Ricky's band didn't start becoming more popular through out the years he would still be at our school but he would be in senior year.

"Oh, I have no idea what they are doing here" macy chuckled.

"Neither" I laughed with her.

The three of us walked out of school and I instantly spotted the boys by the school car park talking to a few of the seniors who were Austin's friends. Dotted outside of the school building different groups of girls were clearly as Austin stated it 'gawping' at them.

The three of us walked over to the group and I squished past the seniors to get to the boys.

"There you guys are!" Ricky said happily.

"Yeah, Austin told us you were here" Macy told him.

"What are you doing here?" I asked them.

"We wanted to hang" Liam shrugged.

"At our school?" I furrowed my eyebrows.

"No, after school obviously" Ricky laughed.

"Which is why we came here to wait for you" Emery told me. I nodded in a way as in to say 'fair enough' and looked at the seniors still stood around us.

"Well...we better get going" I said awkwardly.

"See you tomorrow, Cindy" Austin smiled.

"What about me?!" Macy asked annoyed.

"And you" he told her before scurrying off with his friends.

"He totally has the hots for you" Ricky smirked at me. I laughed and rolled my eyes before walking to my car.

"That guy?! You can do better" Emery said as the four of them followed me.

Ignoring his comment, I changed the subject.

"You guys are lucky my cars a five seater" I told them as I unlocked it.

"Shot gun" Emery smirked as we reached the car. The others grumbled but didn't object, I got in the drivers seat, Emery the passengers, in the back Ricky sat on the left, macy the middle and Liam the right.

"Nice car" Liam complimented as we buckled our seat belts.

"Thanks, I've had it for about a year now" I told him.

"Where are we going?" Macy asked as I started the engine.

"Yeah where are we going?" I asked the boys.

They all looked at each other for a moment.

"TO THE PARK!" Ricky yelled and stretched his arm out to point in the direction of the park.