~Prologue~

*Maddie's POV*

My name is Madison, but most people just call me Maddie. I'm sixteen years old and attend school at Auradon Prep. I'm not like most normal girls. I know what you're thinking, but I promise that this isn't gonna your typical "girl is different from the social norm" kind of story. This is completely different.

My full name is Madison Olivia Kingston. With my full title, my name is Princess Madison Olivia Kingston of the United States of Auradon. Yeah, I know, long title, but that is who I am. My father is King Benjamin Florian Kingston of the United States of Auradon, and my mother is Queen Mal Bertha Faery-Kingston of the Isle of the Lost. Dad is the son of the former king and queen Beast and Belle. Mom is the daughter of the Mistress of Evil, Maleficent.

As a princess, people are always looking to befriend you. Yes, people are nice here in Auradon, but you never really know who your true friends are. However, I know just who my best friends are.

As a descendant of a villain, my mother lived on the Isle of the Lost. From what I've heard, that place was terrible. It was there where she met her three best friends: Evie, daughter of the Evil Queen-Jay, son of Jafar-and Carlos, son of Cruella De Vil. When the four of them moved here to Auradon, they became even closer than ever before. It is their children who are my best friends. Like me, they're all sixteen as well.

First, there's Levi. He's the son of Jay and Lonnie, daughter of Mulan. He's the oldest of the group. He's tall and strong like his father. Levi is really good at sports. Last year, he was voted MVP of the tourney team. He was the first freshman in Auradon Prep history to gain that title. He is probably one of the coolest guys at our school. Unlike most of the popular jocks at our school, Levi walks with his pride and dignity. He's the most humble guy I've ever known.

Then, there's Daisy. She's the daughter of Evie and Doug, son of Dopey. She's the youngest of the four of us. She is probably the smartest person I know. She might be a little bit of a nerd, but I love her for that. Unfortunately, she gets bullied quite a bit at school. It is hard for her to stand up for herself since she's really shy. Luckily, she has us to protect her.

Finally, there's Christian. He's the son of Carlos and Jane, daughter of Fairy Godmother. Like Daisy, he's pretty smart. He's really good with technology and computers. Nobody can write code like he can. Christian also loves animals. He grew up around animals. He also might be a little cute,...but that's not important right now!

We're all a big, happy family. Well, at least...we were. When I was little, my mother and I used to be super close. So were the others with their VK parent. My father was always the happiest when around my mother. He used to say that when I came into their lives, everything became even more wonderful.

Everything was great for all four families. That was until eleven years ago. When we were five years old, my mom, Evie, Jay, and Carlos were called to the Isle of the Lost. Nobody knew why or who was calling them there. Whatever it was Mal, Evie, Jay, and Carlos were determined to find out.

I still remember the day they left. My mom kissed me on my forehead and told me she loved me with all her heart. Jay knelt down next to his son. He said some encouraging words to him, one of which was to protect Lonnie from danger. Lonnie chuckled, but I have to admit, I think Jay meant it since she was expecting a baby at the time. Carlos hugged Christian tightly. He didn't want to leave him and Jane, but he knew he had to do this. When I looked over to Evie, she was holding Daisy in her arms. I even saw Evie crying a bit.

"Mommy, don't go," Daisy said as she clung to her mother's neck. Daisy also was crying.

"I'm sorry, Zeezee," Evie said, using Daisy's nickname, "but I have to go," she said, handing the young, blue-haired girl to her husband.

We all waved as the four of them left in the limo. All of us were quite upset. "Don't worry," my dad said, "they'll only be gone a week. They'll be back here before we know it." We all nodded in agreement. My dad, Doug, Lonnie, and Jane all made sure to keep us happy for that week.

However, a week had passed, and they didn't return. Then another week passed, then another. Soon, a whole month had passed. Not just us, but the entire kingdom was getting worried for them. Then, almost three months had passed, and they still didn't return home to us.

They tried, but our parents couldn't keep it in any longer. They broke down, knowing that they weren't coming home. I remember walking into my father's room one night to see him crying in his hands. I had never seen my father that devastated. "Daddy?" I asked, walking up to him.

He lifted his head to look at me. He saw that I wasn't doing too well either. I missed my mother terribly. My father opened his arms and embraced me. That's when I finally broke down. "It's okay, Maddie," he told me. "We're gonna get through this together."

At age five, I believed him. At age sixteen, I no longer believe anything he says anymore. After that night, he threw himself into his work. He spent his days in his office and council meetings. He hardly ever had time for me. We never had fun together like we used to. He became very strict with me. It came to the point where my grandparents were practically raising me. I didn't really mind that since I loved them to pieces, but I really missed my father.

I hoped that one day, things would go back to the way they were. I knew something like that would never happen. I believed Levi would never play tourney with his father again. I believed Christian would never go to the dog park with his father again. I believed Daisy would never help her mother design dresses again. I believed I would never see my mother again. Little did I know what the universe was capable of.

NEW STORY! I actually wrote the first 8 or 9 chapters almost a year and a half ago, and I'm just now getting around to posting them. As you can probably tell, I have a thing with next gen characters. I hope you guys like this one! Like I said, a year and a half in the making!!