~Three~

Daisy sat in her chemistry class. It was no surprise that she was top of her class. It probably helped that her father was the teacher. Daisy was very proud of her intelligence, but the other kids in the class had different opinions.

"Does anybody know what the atomic weight of an atom is?" Doug asked.

"Well obviously not very much, I mean, it's an atom," one of the popular girls said. The class laughed.

"Atomic weight is the mass that is equivalent to the number of protons and neutrons in the atom or to the average number allowing for the relative abundances of different isotopes," Daisy said.

"Very good, Daisy," Doug said.

"*cough* Teacher's pet *cough*," a student whispered. The class giggled at the remark.

"And class, the unit you would write atomic weight in is a.m.u."

"I thought it was pronounced amu," a kid in the back said.

"N-No. It's not," Doug said. Doug sighed. "I knew someone who said it like that," Doug mumbled to himself. "Now, does anyone know how to find the atomic weight of silver?"

Daisy contemplated answering. She knew the answer, but she also knew what was going to happen after the fact. Because no one else would answer, Daisy raised her hand. "Yes, Daisy?"

"The atomic weight of silver would be 106.905 times .5200 plus 108.905 times .4800, which would give us 107.9 a.m.u."

"That is correct."

"*cough* Daddy's girl *cough*," another student whispered. This time, the class fell into full hysteria.

The bell rang, and all the students began to pack their things. "Daisy, could you stay for a little bit?" Doug asked.

"Sure," Daisy replied.

"Is daddy's little girl feeling all saddie waddie today?" another kid said before laughing. Daisy just ignored them.

Daisy walked up to her father's desk. "So, what's up?"

"Are those kids bothering you?" Doug asked. "Because I can always take it up with Fairy Godmother, or, at the very least, Jane."

"N-No dad, I-I'm fine," Daisy replied. "I-I'm used to it."

Doug sighed as he was not comfortable with the fact that his daughter was so used to all this bullying. "I just know today is a very hard day for you," Doug said. Daisy sighed. He noticed she start to tear up a bit. "Come here," he said, opening his arms.

Daisy walked around the desk and fell into her father's arms. "I miss her so much," she cried.

"I know," Doug said, tightening his grip around his daughter "I miss her too."

"How are you so calm about it?" Daisy asked, trying to lessen her sobs. "I'm such a mess about all of this."

"I have to stay strong," Doug replied.

"For what?"

"For you," Doug said. "I'm all you have."

Daisy smiled through her tears. "I love you so much, dad," she said.

Doug kissed his daughter's forehead. "I love you too, my little bluebird." Doug looked up at the clock. "You better start heading to your next class. You don't want to be late."

Daisy stood up and wiped her tears from her face. "Yeah," she mumbled. "Bye, dad," she said as she walked out the door.

"Bye," he replied.