~Five~

It was the weekend, so Maddie didn't have to worry about school. She was glad because the last week had been very exhausting and stressful. She was glad to just relax in her room all day all alone. Well, almost alone.

There was a knock on her door. "Come in," she called. Belle and Beast then entered the room. Maddie sat up in her bed and gave her grandparents a smile. "What brings you guys here?"

"We wanted to give you something," Belle said as she sat at the end of the bed. Beast took his seat next to her. Belle brought out a small box that was wrapped in purple wrapping paper with a green ribbon.

Maddie looked up at her grandparents in confusion then back down at the box. There was a little card on the top that read "For Madison's 16th Birthday".

"It was from your mother," Belle said.

"But my birthday was almost a month ago," Maddie said.

"Your father hid it from you," Beast explained. "He didn't want you to find it, but we felt it was best for you to have it."

"You know he's gonna get mad again," Maddie said.

"We know," Belle said, "but this is important because it has to do with something that runs in your blood." Maddie was confused. "Your magic."

Maddie's eyes opened wide. She discovered she possessed magic when she was eight years old. That is how she ended up with her permanent purple ends of her hair. She was facing a mirror when magic shot out of her hands and reflected back at her. Now, she will forever have purple tips.

"But magic is banned in Auradon," Maddie said. "Father said I should never use my magic."

"This was a mistake I made when I was King," Beast said. "I told my subjects not to use magic. Though, we should be able to live our lives without relying on magic, it's running through your veins. I couldn't stop people from using something that was literally a part of them."

Maddie smiled at her grandparents before opening the present. She took the wrapping paper off to reveal a white box. She took the top off the box to reveal a small book. "It's a spell book," Maddie said, "but I thought Maleficent's spell book was in the museum."

"It is," Beast said.

"Your mother created this spellbook with harmless spells for you to use," Belle explained. "She knew that you couldn't keep all your magic in, so she gathered these spells for you to practice."

Maddie nodded. She then noticed something. "There's a bookmark." Maddie opened the spellbook to the page that was marked. "Heart's Desire," she read.

"We may have marked that page ourselves," Beast said, scratching the back of his head.

"From what it says, when you cast it, it will show you a way to what your heart most desires," Belle explained.

"Wait," Maddie said, "so does this mean, I could use this spell to find out if mom and the others are still out there?" Both Belle and Beast nodded. "I-I don't know."

"Come on, Maddie," Belle said. "You know you want to."

"Well," Maddie began, but a thought came to her mind. "I'll be right back," she said as she walked out the door with the book.

"Is she going where I think she's going?" Beast asked.

"Yep," Belle replied.

"Should we follow her?"

"Probably."

Maddie ran into her father's office without even knocking before entering. "Father!" Maddie exclaimed.