Chapter Two

A/N: There is smut in this chapter, kind of. Just skip any blocks of italic text if you don't want to see it.

Karelia's POV
~~~
Roses.
Petals.
Scattered around me.
Scattered inside me.

I let myself drift through my tired dreamlike state for a while, not quite aware enough to comprehend my memories of the last few hours.

Something brought me to my senses and I jolted up, clutching the bedsheets in my hands, my heart racing. This wasn't my bed.

His tendrils tighten around my limbs, restricting my movement. I open my mouth to scream, but it is stuffed as full as the rest of me before I can make a sound.

I put a hand to my head, furrowing my eyebrows. The memory was unwelcome the moment it came, and accompanied by a twinge of pain in my legs.

I felt my other hand, still on the bed, touch something soft, and pulled it back quickly. I didn't need to look to know what it was.

Orange rose petals. My eyes wandered as he bit at my shoulder. In my attempts to find something to anchor myself to, if only to stay sane, I noticed the rose I still held had lost most of its petals. A chill ran through me. What would happen when all of them fell?

I gave a shudder, blinking away the stinging feeling in my eyes. As awful as the situation was, I couldn't let it get to me yet. It would impede on my escape. I slowly, gingerly moved to a kneeling position, gathering the petals.

I didn't know why. They felt important, somehow. Like a part of me that had been shocked away with the encounter.

I slipped off the bed, leaving the silken sheets behind me as I tried my best to keep quiet when I could only limp. After a moment's consideration, I wrapped one of them around me as a makeshift robe before continuing.

I could see a large mirror across the room. It looked tall enough that the...

No eyes. His mouth was full of daggers and his grin was full of malice. Somehow, despite how warm it was, my breath came out as fog as he held me too tight. My arm was bleeding where he gripped.

... creature, would be able to use it and see his whole reflection.

Deciding that I had to at least check my injuries, I slowly approached the mirror, feeling a pang of pity for myself. I couldn't even walk.

I spent a good minute observing myself in the mirror before I noticed something off, stumbling back as fast as I could. When it kept approaching, I screamed, and nobody stopped me this time.

Everyone knew who Slenderman was. If possible, I was almost more terrified of him than my captor. He stepped through what I had thought was a mirror, but now recognized as something like a pool. Some kind of portal, perhaps? It rippled behind him.

I felt my muscles clench with the adrenaline rushing through me as I froze.

"He really needs to learn how to clean up his own messes. Doesn't he?"

To say the least, I was confused by his somewhat amicable tone- and the fact that Slenderman could speak at all. It hit me like a slap in the face, and I flinched back. Was this just a trait of weird white guys? To sound pleasant, but to turn nasty as soon as you let your guard down?

He took a step toward me and I backed off, shaking like a newborn deer. For a moment, he was eerily silent. I kept my eyes on his face before I felt another tendril inside me- though, I must admit, not in the same way they had been in the past.

I coughed up blood as my vision swam, glancing to my stomach. He'd stabbed me in the back while I was otherwise preoccupied, just as everyone said he did to his victims.

Was that all I was here?
Fuck. I wasn't going to die here. I didn't want to die here, only remembered as another victim. I shakily rose to my feet, only for it to dig further into me. I choked.

~~~

When I came to, my head was ringing. I could make out a passing conversation, and I recognized the voices.

"Why the fuck didn't you kill her for me?"
That was the creep.

"You know, I tried. Maybe you should have instead."
Slenderman. I kept my eyes closed.

"Aw, get off my dick! I was busy."

"Perhaps you should have finished the entrée before moving onto the main course."

"Whore."

"An excellent self-descriptor."

I almost heard the air shift as the one that wasn't Slenderman changed the topic.

"Why's she still alive? You gave up?"

"I can recognize immortality when I see it."

"Bullshit!"

"Why don't you try?"

My breath hitched and my eyes snapped open. They didn't seem to care that I was awake.

"Fuckin'... Whatever. Look. What's the deal with that, anyway? What would make her... immortal."

I was trying not to think about it. Being in a room with two humanoid freaks was enough to deal with. Still, Slenderman's next words freaked me out enough for me to become engaged in the conversation.

"... I don't know."