"William's Reign"

Chapter 4:
Williams's Reign

William and Mary Elizabeth's reign was known as that of the peacekeepers! Although, the wars continued, William and Mary Elizabeth were good to their people in the kingdom. For they both were unlike any of the other king's in those different countries. William and Mary Elizabeth kept their people fed, making sure they didn't suffer during the existing problems of England's history.

The both of them had the most land and they were regarded as having the wealthiest court in history, with the largest and most beautiful castle in England! It was a grand castle and anyone who came to visit would agree, that the castle itself, was a beautiful creation in its own right. They were able to view the countryside's of England on one end and the bluish, green"Atlantic" sea on the other. It was overwhelming and was the most magical experience that anyone could ever imagine, for them it "twas a dream come true," for the first family of England.

 It was overwhelming and was the most magical experience that anyone could ever imagine, for them it "twas a dream come true," for the first family of England

The royal court consisted of King William the First and his Queen, Mary Elizabeth and their only child William the Second. They wanted more children, but could never seem to create another. Although Mary Elizabeth had become impregnated thrice before, she lost the three young children at birth. For in those days it was very hard for women to keep their children alive at birth and it was also in a time when the mother would died alongside of their child while trying to give birth. This was a sad lot for the women, who wanted to have children.

Of course, the people themselves back in their day, didn't have a long lifespan too begin with and often died from other things like the plague or diseases of infection, that were all around them. But, William Of Camden and his wife Mary Elizabeth were never very sickly people and were happily married and grateful, for what they had been given. They had their one child and he, was their joyful family that would eventually be the heir too England's throne.

His parents gave in to all young boy's wishes and William was so loved by his parents and their kingdom alike

His parents gave in to all young boy's wishes and William was so loved by his parents and their kingdom alike. His mother, wanted him to be christened as soon as possible, after his birth and his godparents were to be there as his godparents. Harry and Eleanor Spencer, were their best friends, for they both had been living on the family's land for a long while. They lived in a small cozy cottage near the ocean. And Queen Mary Elizabeth wanted them to be William's family too. So she was granted her wishes and soon after his birth, the arrangements were made for the high priest of Rome to come for his baptism. Harry and Eleanor stood stately at their posts, watching as William the Second was baptized, wishing their godson their blessings.

After William was baptized, the Queen Mother and the Younger William grew at their side. Because William was without another sibling by his side, he put all of his love into his parents and godparents, Harry and Eleanor. They were as delighted as his parent's to be with him, for they never had children of there own. Needless to say, William was given everything his little Royal highness desired. He had a face that could have been a picture of an angel. "William the Second" was absolutely adorable and no one could ever deny who his parents were. The Royal family got along famously, and peace seemingly was thought to be evident inside the Royal Court and their country of England.

But it was sad that William never had a brother or a sister to whom he could talk with! He stayed alone and to himself for much of his childhood! Little William, had always been entered into the manifesto of the King's Church's History. For he was to be the next king to reign. But unfortunately, William was never mentored by his father,  in the ways of becoming a true king. This was a very hard lesson for him to learn. And, it was due on account that his father had left him to go and do battle on the beaches of Normandy. And when he died his body was never to be found. Young William was told the story, but he never questioned it! He always believed that his father had been washed far away, out into the ocean's floor never to returning to their homeland. But this story was not really true. It was made of a fantasy for the young lad, so he could never find out what really happened to his father?

~~~

Mary Elizabeth, raised her child in their beautiful castle not only because of its beauty but because it was built by the ocean. And Little William loved to go fishing with his godparents, Harry and Eleanor, while his mother was taking care of the Royal Court's business. And Little William loved being with his godparents daily. Harry also loved to fish, and he showed Little William how to catch the biggest fishes in the ocean, because he was one of the very best fishermen in the kingdom. So he began teaching William early in what to do as they both would fish.

Harry, Eleanor, and young William, would often sneak out from the child's daily studies and run quietly and quickly, down the path to the ocean. William would be skipping all the way to the door of the ocean's doorway. While Harry and Eleanor, would slowly walk behind, watching the little child in him as he ran. They loved watching him with all of his excitement, as he got closer to the sea. Carrying his pole and bucket, laughing out loud when he could see the ocean's waves crashing right behind their cottage door! The ocean was as blue as it could be, and their cottage nestled alongside of the shoreline and the green grassland of the castle's land's were all around them. It was a fairytale in the eyes of everyone.

Young Williams's mother could watch them all through her window and she would watch as they approached that blue ocean, keeping watch till she could see that they all got to the beach safely

Young Williams's mother could watch them all through her window and she would watch as they approached that blue ocean, keeping watch till she could see that they all got to the beach safely. She then, would often just run to the top of the castle for one last look, to see her small child running happily, with her two best friends, and she hoped that he would be able to bring a big fish home that night. But as she looked out high upon the top of the castle's highest floor, she often thought how she wished her parents could see her William now and how beautiful he was! But in her heart she knew they were watching, wherever their good souls had landed.