"England and Its Problems"

Chapter 7:
England and Its Problems

England had expected to have another heir to their throne quickly. But William and Annabella could not have any children at this point in time, for they had been forewarned against doing so. England was in crisis that just started. The country was deep in the Black Plague, and the Royal doctors warned them not too try having children, for fear that the disease could possibly kill the children at birth and they feared the mother dying with them.

This was not exactly what was expected from the new royal couple, for England depended on them to carry their lineage through the birth of the ancestry of the Camden Royals. England's people depended on them to have an heir so that their country could remain the greatest country in Europe. But the England's people did understand why they were told to wait for this was a critical period of time in England's history. Even the Holy Wars did not kill as many people until this disease manifested itself. If continued it was foretold that a million people were expected to die, and so it was, England's population was almost destroyed by a simple disease that could have been regulated if only they had a cure. Thousands of people were dying all around them and all they could do was wait to see if the disease would burn itself out. The Royal Court stayed inside never to venture outdoors or go around others. The doctors did know that it had spread by coming in contact with the other people in the kingdom so they were warned to stay in the castle's compound. So after the doctors had spoken with them, the King and Queen decided to wait it out and see if the disease would subside. And they both did not know if they were going to live through the problem, much less bring an heir to the throne. So they made the decision not to have children born into this ravaged diseased country, for it seemed like an improbable mistake for them to do. So just as they were asked, they withstood not to bare any children, until the crisis in Europe had subsided. And eventually it did!

But one thing that the Royal couple was not aware of was the possibility of the Queen Mother and the magic of Charley? The Queen Mother had been thinking about his magic and if she asked him for her three wishes he could not deny her so one day she decided to go and visit her husband the fish and asked him what his thoughts were on this family's issue. So the Queen Mother left to go out the back door, taking her path by a large rock, where she called for her husband, Charley,The Magical Flounder. She wanted him to grant her the three wishes for her and her family. When she arrived at ocean's doorway she began her magical verse that the Wizard Merlin had given her and started calling out to the Magical Flounder saying these magical words...

Charley, Charley of the sea,
Will you come and return to thee?
Grant my wishes, oh my wishes three!
That you are living, for this we do believe.
Always too roam the ocean's,
Swimming, oh so free!

And when he heard her voice calling for him, he came to her immediately! Charley, swam as fast as his fins would allow him to swim and got back to his truest love. He jumped out from the sea, and sat by her on a rock that was beside her on the shoreline. Charley was still so excited to see his beautiful wife he was a little out of breath but he finally found the words he needed to talk to her and he asked her,

"Mary Elizabeth, what doth you need with me this morning?" Charley said.

Mary Elizabeth slowly began to tell him the stories about all of the king's kingdom's problems. She told him that their country was going through this horrible period in time.

"Have the wars ended, Mary Elizabeth?" Charley asked?

"Yes my love they have, for our son married a girl from France and therefore the two countries made a pact and both vowed to keep the wars away from each other's country for 20 years." She told Charley.