"Annabella"

Chapter 7:
Annabella

Prince William the Second had awoken from a small nap he was taking by sounds he heard in the dense forest. He was hearing this melodic sound coming from within the castle's lands. And William thought he could hear a voice, faintly singing! He began to listen and after a minute he thought these are the meadowlarks singing! This is not a voice from someone! But the voice became louder.

"Who 'tis singing in our distant lands?" William said to himself.

And he started listening to this faint voice singing a song he once had heard a long time ago. Sounds could be heard throughout the lands because they bounced off the rocks and mountains and would make their way back the castle.

"Now who or what is making this beautiful sound? Who could this voice belong to! It melody is so beautiful that not one person could ever not want to see who is behind that singing!" He said out loud.

"Could it be another girl or princess? For if it 'tis, I do hope it 'tis my princess, for her voice has to be the most beautiful of any other that I ever have heard and there must be a beauty of a person behind tis voice." He said, hopefully.

"I do hope it it tis' my princess."  For William had grown weary of meeting all these women! And the Queen Mother, had also grown weary with her son's inability to find happiness in a princess of his status. William was hard to please and finding a wife for him was becoming a terrible predicament. He found something wrong in each of the princesses that came from far away cities, and the Queen Mother was getting a perturbed about the situation.

 He found something wrong in each of the princesses that came from far away cities, and the Queen Mother was getting a perturbed about the situation

Her melody of sound waved throughout his lands and whomever it or she was, brought tears to Williams eyes! And right there he knew... as he listened to it all day, reminiscing about his father and the history of his death.

"This had to be the one!" He said trying to convinced himself.

"But as he listened he again told himself that he was just hearing a noise from within the castle's land, and it 'twas just for his delight. It is not the one I am searching for? It is only just a sound of a mixture of meadowlarks and other birds in the kingdom. And his tears swelled up again in his eyes."

"If only, father was here to help me decide about this decision I have to make, I do miss him so!" Said the young prince.

And William, just wept harder and the redness was in his eyes, that were filled with his tears. He was supposed to be like a father that he had missed so much. And the Prince let all of those tears fall, until they had soaked into his pillow, making his pillow top so wet with pain. But he didn't care, for with all of the crying, he slowly went to sleep, once again!