6. Goodbye

"Lovely, isn't it?", Edwards asks from across the long dining room table. You nod your head, focusing your eyes on your plate as you lift your fork full of fancy food to your mouth. Edward chuckles and continues to watch you eat. "I'm the luckiest man in the world, you know. Living such a luxurious life with such a beautiful woman by my side, if I didn't know any better I would think I was dreaming". You look up and meet his striking green eyes as they lock onto yours. "Someone like Ban could never truly appreciate such art, with a face like yours you should be living a life like this where you can live like a queen, don't you agree?". You look back down at your plate, not only feeling hurt by his words but enraged by the allegations towards Ban. To you it didn't matter if you were rich or poor, whether you living in a castle or on the streets, Ban would take care of you no matter what and you didn't need all of this expensive crap for him to treat you like a queen. To him you were more than that, you were his world. You slowly shook your head. "I apologise, Edward, but I disagree. Ban has been nothing but loving to me since the beginning and the time he left was only because he was afraid of losing me. Ban already treats me like a queen and would do anything for me, so I don't appreciate you taking down on him". Your voice was calm but Edward still felt as if they were insults directed at him. 

The sound of glass smashing made you look up. Edward was glaring at his lap as the remains of a broken wine glass sat in his hand, tearing into his flesh. Blood dripped down his arm but it didn't seem to faze him, he was obviously pissed. But within seconds his scowl changed to a smile. "I understand... I'll just give you more time... that's all you need, right?" You didn't answer, worried as to how he was going to react. Was he going to lash out at you? If so, you could easily beat him in a fight but that mage was a real problem. How were you supposed to fight or protect yourself if he could freeze you in place? Edward looks at his hand and opens it, letting the shards of bloodied glass fall onto the table. He chuckles at the state of his injured hand. "Well, it looks like I've hurt myself". He stands from his seat and brushes off his suit with his uninjured hand. "Please excuse me, I'll have to get this fixed up". From there he gets up and hurries off, leaving sitting at the table alone. 

Once you knew he was gone, you got up and ran towards the stairs, making your way to the first floor. The girl Elanor had said that she and some others were being held in the basement so that was where you were heading. You ran down the stairs and stopped when you reached the first floor, trying to be quick but stealthy also. You didn't have any idea what was in store for you down there since you spent most of your time on the upper floors. You ran down a narrow hallway, stopping when you saw a wooden door coming off it with a cold draft coming from the gap underneath. The cold air hit your exposed ankles, causing you to shiver. That was definitely the basement door. 

You pulled the door open by its metal handle and closed it behind you. The walls were all lit by wooden torches, lighting the way down the cold stone stairs. You kicked off your ridiculous shoes and picked them up, jolting slightly as your bare skin touched the ice cold stone. From there you started to run down the stairs, stopping when you reached an opening at the end. You are shocked by the sight ahead, your eyes widened. In front of you stood lines of cages filled with women, huddling together for warmth. They looked up at you hopefully as you continued to walk forward, stopping when you saw Elanor with tears running down her cheeks. "I'm here", you whisper. She shakes her head as she moves away from you. "Get away", she whispers, her voice shaking. You tilt your head to the side, not being able to understand. "What? But I thou-". "Get away from here!".

The sound of footsteps is heard, coming down the stairs you had just come down. Edward appears along with his mage companion, freezing you in place once again. "I knew it, how could I have been so idiotic!", Edward laughs. "I love such beauty and strength in a woman but something I hate is how manipulative they can be", he growls, coming closer to you. Your eyes widen as you try to fight the against the mage but nothing happens, you were stuck. "To me, women are art, beautiful, kind, graceful... they are the creators of life and a man's greatest weakness". He drew closer, placing a hand on your cheek. "And then I met you... someone who was not only all of those things but genuine and charitable... loving. But oh how I was wrong, such beauty on the outside had hidden the demon within your soul. And so to match the beauty that you show on the outside I have finally decided to wipe your soul from your body and replace it", he announces pridefully.  "W-what do you mean?", you ask, slightly shaken by his threat. He turns to his mage, his gentle smile turning to one of a crazed maniac. "Don't worry, it won't hurt a bit and you won't remember it either. Because when you wake up... you won't. You won't wake up, say goodbye sweetheart", he chuckles darkly. You try your hardest to move but you're stuck, unable to even fight back. You wanted to yell and scream for Ban to save you but your words were stuck in your throat. The mage approached you lifting a bag up, readying it for your head. "Good night", he murmurs quietly.

Well shit. Look what happened.
Vote and follow me for more. Thank ya XD