11. Still there

"I love you".

"No, I love you".

"I love you more".

"No you don't, I do".

You huff and glare at Edward through the two windows on the wall in front of you. After being here for a while you had discovered that the place you were trapped in was your mind, stuck in your own head. You watched as Edward and the imposter who had taken over your body carried on like a teenage couple. Your body moves and kisses him on the lips. Your face screws up in disgust as you dry gag at the sight. The imposter lets out a low growl, startling the man who sat before her.

"What's wrong, my dear?", he asks, a concerned expression on his face. She sighs and forces a smile, rubbing her temples.

"It's nothing really, just that woman's soul is stuck in my head and I can always hear her". Edward's gaze softens as he takes her hands in his own, stroking them lightly. You glared at him.

"Get your filthy paws off me!", you screamed. She pulled her hands away from him and clamped them over her ears. Edward sighs and looks her in the eyes once they are reopened, looking past her consciousness and at you.

"(Y/n), let's not do this. You've already lost, why don't you just give up? The only reason why you're still here is because you're being stubborn, if you let go everything will be over", he chuckles. You glare at him, standing up before running directly at the window. You smash up against it, falling back due to the harsh impact. The imposter hisses in pain, holding her head in her hands.

"She keeps hurting me", she whimpers, the windows of the room becoming blurry before turning dark. You let out a sigh and pull your knees to your chest, not getting up off the floor after falling. You hated being trapped here more every day, but you would never give up.

"Tell the bastard that I will never give up", you growl. Your grip tightened around your legs, bringing them even closer to your chest. The only form of comfort that you had was the heartbeat you could hear when you placed your ear to the floor. It was strange. You knew it wasn't your own since it was a lot faster than it usually should've been and the imposter wasn't doing any physical activity.

You were snapped out of your thoughts when you heard something smash. The window which was dark a second before now showed the bedroom you had earlier been trapped in.

(Y/n) looked around the room, a panicked expression on her face. Edward consoled her by gently rubbing her shoulders.

"Don't worry, I'll go and check it out", he assured. She nodded, giving him a tight hug before he could go.

You cringed as your body made contact with Edward again. The only ones who you let touch you were those who you trusted and this man definitely wasn't one of them. You fought back the tears as you remembered the look on Ban's face when Edward paraded your body around like a trophy, rubbing it in his face. And the reason as to why... revenge. You weren't the type of person to seek something like that, sure you could hold a grudge but you would never do something like that. You held one for 11 years and even threated to kill Ban when you saw him for the first time after but you still loved him then and now too, there was nothing that would stop you from getting to him. You closed your eyes as the room around you went dark, your body must've gone to sleep. Everything around you disappeared, the only thing left was the sound of the fast heartbeat.

Somewhere else in the castle

Ban grabbed Ava by the back of the shirt and pulled her out of the corridor as the one named Morgan ran to their location. Ban placed his hand over his daughter's mouth and watched as the older male looked around, sighing at the sight of a broken vase on the floor. He picked up the broken pieces and left soon after. Ban waited a few minutes before he jumped down from his hiding spot, letting go of Ava.