18. Help

You watched as your body walked towards the stairs and then down them, leaving the room and walking out onto the bridge. Alice continued along the bridge until she made her way towards the main building. As she strolled through the castle, she began to tell her story.

"I was lucky enough to grow up in a village with two loving parents and many other family members who were kept close. I loved every single one of them and they loved me, well that was until my sister, Rosie, was born. I've never been an attractive person, people always told me that it was what was on the inside that matters but I knew that was only a lie used to make me feel better about myself. Rosie was born to be so beautiful, I was very jealous of her looks but that didn't stop me from loving her. I spent so much time with her, we had so much fun together but then my family separated us. They said if Rosie was to hang around me, my ugly would rub off on her and she would start to look as revolting as I do," she says. You couldn't see the expression on her face but you could tell by the tone of her voice that she was very hurt by this.

"I worked in a bakery when I became old enough, working in the back so no one would have to look at me. My family pushed me to get a job since they knew no one would want to marry me, I'd never become a housewife and have a family so they gave up on me as their daughter. They cut all ties and wouldn't even look at me when we met around the village. But even though she wasn't allowed to, Rosie would come and visit me. Not only was she beautiful on the outside, but she was just as amazing on the inside." Alice looked to her right as she entered a new corridor, making her way down to the first floor.

"Rosie was so kind and cared for me when no one else did. Even though I was envious of her, I could never hate her. But one day when I was on my way to work, very early in the morning, I saw Edward and Morgan kidnap a woman who worked in the flower shop across the road from the bakery I worked in. After noticing me there, they decided to wipe my memory of them being there. This made me really upset, it was rumoured that they only took beautiful women and since I didn't fit the description, they didn't want me." She then made her way around the first floor, stopping in front of a wall you thought a door used to be on. After placing her hand on the wall, a door appeared. It was the same one you had entered to reach the basement.

"I begged for them to take me instead, hoping that I could be of some use to them. My life at this point was meaningless, I even questioned why I still continued to live because each day was more painful than the last. After much begging, Edward agreed to take me as well. Even though it was a kidnapping, I was somewhat glad that they had taken me. Over the time I spent with Edward, helping him with cooking and cleaning, I slowly fell in love with him. It's hard not to admit that he is a handsome man and he was so kind and charming while I was in his company, it made me feel special. But I knew he could never feel that way about me, I was very unattractive and I wasn't you..." she trails off. You raise an eyebrow, confused by her statement.

"Me?" you question. She nods her head, walking down the steps of the basement.

"Yeah, a common topic for Edward was you. He always spoke of a young thief, he knew as Lady pockets but also as (Y/n). I was quite jealous but felt bad whenever I saw Edward since he acted to angrily whenever his thoughts of you lead to your daughter and boyfriend."

"Fiance," you correct. She chuckles and opens the door at the end of the cold, stone corridor. There was a larger room, filled with women sitting in the confinements of their cells. It seemed like Alice also disliked the look of the room and captured women since she turned her face away so she didn't have to look. She walked past the cells and through a door into another room. It was small and had only a single bed in it where a young woman lay asleep. Alice took a seat next to her, her gaze focused on the woman.

"While stuck down here with the other women, we were forced to cook and clean for Edward. I didn't mind since I was already used to it but I knew that a lot of the others hated this place with a passion. But one day, Edward seemed a lot happier than he usually was. This was when he finally got what he wanted. You. I know that you cooperated with him at the beginning for his own happiness but then found the basement and that's when you were caught. It surprised me when he approached my cell and called my name. He opened the door and held his hand out to me and said 'How would you like to be the love of my life?'. To be honest, I was ecstatic. The man that I loved wanted me so I said yes and let him take me away. He said nothing about taking my soul from my body and putting it into yours, if he had mentioned that then I wouldn't have wanted him to do it."

"What did you think about living in my body at first?" you ask. She lets out a quiet sigh and combs her fingers through your hair.

"I loved it at first. Edward would look at me with such love, tell me he loved me and how beautiful I was. I pretended that I was still in my old body but when he called your name instead of mine, it really hurt. Then when your daughter and fiance came to me, begging for you. My heart broke when I had to turn them away and say I didn't know who they were. The way they looked at me was the same look I gave my family when they told me that they no longer wanted any connection with me. I tried to fight your screaming and crying inside my head but it didn't really seem to work. The only thing I had left was my love for Edward and the way he comforted me when I told him how you wouldn't stop. It felt good to be loved, I'll admit that. But since it's not my body, it doesn't feel right. The soul overlap must've gone wrong since I'm always feeling sick," she says. You giggle and wipe your eyes as tears stream down your soul's face.

"What's so funny?" Alice asks, not sounding offended but curious. You continue your mix of emotions for a moment before getting the chance to explain them.

"Alice, you're not feeling sick because of the soul overlap." She raises an eyebrow, not sure where in the room to look since you are inside her head.

"Well then? Do you have an explanation?" she asks, hoping you had the answer to many pain-filled days.

"I'm pregnant, Alice," you admit. The windows which showed you the outside world blurred as Alice let out a high-pitched sob.

"Aw Alice, there's no need to cry," you say, hoping that she'll stop. She shakes her head, her fists clenching at the skirt of her dress once more.

"No (Y/n). There is a need to cry, I've done such horrible things because of the way others have treated me. But I don't care about all of that, I'm a kind person and people have turned me into some kind of selfish monster. I don't want to live like this anymore, I want to help you."

I love Alice so much. I had a brief idea of what was going to happen next and I'm very happy with how all of this turned out. Vote and follow me for more. Thank ya XD