16. Ours

Your eyes snapped open. You hoped to wake up in bed with Ban by your side like every other day but seeing yourself trapped in the dark nothingness which was your own mind reminded you of everything that had happened. Staring out the two windows, which you could only assume showed what your body's eyes were seeing, you watched as she got up and ran to the bathroom. Her hands held her stomach as she hurried down the stair and out of her tower, making her way towards the main area of the castle. Once she reached it, she hunched over the toilet, her dinner from last night being emptied into the bowl. You almost felt sorry for her since she had been doing this a lot lately. Letting out a sigh, you lay back on the floor and stared up at the ceiling.

It was then that you remembered the dream you had that night. You found it odd that even though you didn't have a body you were still able to dream, it made you feel as if none of this had happened and you were back to your old self. The sound of baby Ava crying filled your ears as you remembered. Even though it had been a long time since you had last heard it, it was still fresh in your mind. She would whimper and sob, stopping only when you picked her up and held her close. You missed that, the connection you had with your baby. You giggled at the memory, raising an eyebrow when you heard a groan come from your body.

"Do you find this funny?!" she growled, her fists clenched. You sigh, not bothering to move from your spot, it was if you didn't have the energy to do so.

"No, I was just remembering something," you admit. You could see the expression on her face change in the bathroom mirror as she wiped her mouth with a towel.

"And what might that be?" he asks, continuing the conversation. You rested your hand over the place in your chest where your heart was supposed to be. It saddened you that you couldn't feel a heartbeat, it made you feel more dead.

"My daughter." She doesn't bother replying, instead, she begins filling the bathtub with hot water. A knock sounds from the door before Edward pokes his head around it.

"Darling," he calls. Your body turns to him, you couldn't tell what her expression was since you could only see what she could.

"Yes Dear?" she responds in a soft, loving tone. Edward's face lights up at the tone of her voice.

"I'm sorry to tell you this but I'll be away for the entirety of the day, but I promise you that I'll be home before nightfall. Do you think you can wait that long for me?" he asks, coming further into the bathroom to hold her hands. She nods her head before leaning up to meet his lips. You cringed in disgust, rolling over so your back was facing the wretched sight.

"I'll be fine, if I need anything I'll just ask Morgan," she assures. Edward seemed happy with her response and pecked her lips once more before heading back over to the door.

"Tomorrow we'll spend the entire day and night together," he announces. She giggles at the male's obvious excitement.

"Ok, I'll see you later when you get back. I love you."

"I love you too!" he calls, blowing her a kiss before leaving the bathroom. She keeps up her happy mood until she knows he's gone. After stripping herself of her clothing, she climbs into the filled tub, submerging your body in the hot water. She lets out a long sigh as the water relaxes her tense muscles and helps rid of the sick feeling in her stomach.

"It's not getting better, is it?", you ask. She hums in response, sinking even further into the water so that it was up to her chin.

"Nope, not at all. Damn it, what's wrong with your body?" she groans, her head leaning back to rest against the edge of the tub. You chuckle at her complaint and press your ear up against the ground to see if the heartbeat was still there. When you heard it you felt much better, it was your only form of relaxation in this place. A smirk formed on your lips as you came up with a reply to her dissatisfaction with your body.