13. Infiltration

The Sins crouched in the bushes, watching the castle. Meliodas briefly scanned the area before turning to the Sins.

"Alright, we all know what we're doing, right?", he asks. The others give determined nods. He turns to Merlin and gives her a small smile causing her to let out a sigh. She reluctantly reaches into her pocket and pulls out a handful of clear glass marbles. She silently walks around, giving one to each person.

"What are these for?", Ava asks, looking through the marble's clear surface. Merlin looks at her own marble, her thumb caressing the smooth glass.

"They're special marbles that are all linked, this is how we'll communicate in the castle", she explains. King examines his.

"So what do we do? Do we talk into it?", he asks. Meliodas and Merlin exchange glances before slapping their hands over their mouths to hold back their laughter. King's face went red from embarrassment.

"No, they don't work like that at all", Merlin says, trying to keep a straight face.

"Alright then, how do they work?", King asks, his cheeks dusted a light pink. Merlin holds her's between her finger and thumb, tapping it three times. Once she had done that all of the marbles glowed a fluorescent green.

"When we are finished Meliodas will tap his marble three times and we will all leave the castle and head back to the Boar Hat".

"What happens if one of us gets caught?", Ban asks, playing with the marble in his pocket. Merlin pulls another marble from a pouch resting on her hip and throws it at the ground, everyone watching as it smashed into millions of pieces. All of the other marbles turned red.

"Like that. If you're in trouble, smash your marble and the rest of us will find and help you", she assures, gesturing to Meliodas to lead the mission. He stepped forward, clearing his throat before he spoke.

"Stay hidden and to use the marble if you're in trouble", he reminds them. After receiving nods he smiles brightly at the group.

"And remember what this is all about as well. We're doing this to get (Y/n) back, take risks if you have to. We're not giving up until we get her back". A look of determination was shown on all of their faces, even on Gowther who barely showed emotion. Just by looking at them you could tell just how much this meant to them all.

"Split up and find your person, if you don't have anyone then you're just going to be looking around for evidence. Now go", Meliodas ordered before making his way towards the castle. The others followed, finding a way to get in before splitting up.

Merlin

Merlin hid herself with a camouflage spell and headed to the tower Ban had told her about earlier that day. That was where (Y/n) was supposed to be. She left the main part of the castle and stealthily made her way across the bridge, slipping through the door and into the tower. She then snuck up the stairs and let out a sigh of relief when she saw (Y/n) sitting in front of a mirror, brushing her hair.

She was thankful that (Y/n) was there, the castle was so big that it would've taken her a while to locate her. Making her way up the rest of the stairs and into the room fully she stood near (Y/n), watching as she stared at herself in the mirror's reflective surface. She had a soft smile on her face as she held her own gaze, occasionally humming quietly. It was odd to see (Y/n) do something like that, it wasn't something that the real (Y/n) would do. She was either quiet or very loud, even though she was social she was also a loner. She also wasn't vain, she didn't care about appearances and so seeing this woman staring at herself in admiration was odd.

She didn't do anything for a while, after ten minutes of brushing her hair and staring at herself she stood, making her way towards the large four-poster bed. She pulled a book out from beneath her pillow and opened it, beginning to read. Merlin glared at the woman, this was no way that (Y/n) would act. She was always with someone and if she read it would be to Ava, even now she did it. A small smile stretched across Merlin's face as she remembered (Y/n) reading Ava stories, making them up or telling stories of her own travels. She never read in silence, never.

Even though (Y/n) and Merlin weren't as close as the others she still cared for her and wanted her to return. It was odd for the woman since a majority of the time she didn't show much emotion but she understood it. She wasn't the only one upset by the change of (Y/n) being without them, she was the 8th sin after all.

Bored and annoyed by (Y/n)'s lack of activity, she sat on a chair opposite the bed and watched the young woman as she read, observing how she occasionally stopped to rub her temples.

Gowther

The dark pink haired male crouched in the corner of the room, watching as Edward wrote into a notebook he kept in his suit jacket pocket. Even though he was tempted, Gowther didn't interfere with the plan. He was asked to watch Edward and that's all that he intended to do. Edward didn't seem to be doing much besides writing in his little book, a large smile on his face. Gowther couldn't quite understand why Edward was so happy but he knew that the notebook would be an important part of the mission. He would just need an opportunity to get a look at the notebook.

Ava

The blue-haired girl hid behind a pillar, letting her eyes survey the room. She had had difficulty making her way around the castle and couldn't find the mage anywhere. She was starting to get irritated by his lack of presence but stayed calm, if she took too many risks it might result in her getting captured by Morgan for the second time. She knew what she had done wrong last time, she was too eager and made too many risky advances. She knew that this time she'd have to be extra careful, it wasn't just her and her father in the castle now, everyone else was here.

Taking a deep breath she left her hiding spot and made her way to the next room, sighing at its emptiness. She let out an irritated growl and returned to the corridor, freezing in place when she heard the sound of footsteps. In an instant, she leapt into a small space in the roof. It was a tight squeeze but she endured it, being caught was not something she intended on doing.

Staying silent, she listened, noticing that the sound of footsteps was gradually growing louder. It was only a matter of time before she saw someone approaching the area she was hiding in. Morgan held a large wooden crate in his arms, having to adjust his hold every so often to get a better grip. Slapping her hand over her mouth to quiet her breathing she watched as the older male walked past, not even sparing a glance in her direction. When he was far enough away she let out a sigh of relief and pulled herself from the gap in the roof. Even though it was a close call it was also a good thing, she had just located her target for the mission. Silently, she crept behind Morgan, making sure to keep her distance from the mage. She knew of his magic since she had experienced it firsthand and wasn't going to underestimate his abilities for the second time.

Ducking behind pillars, she followed the mage without being noticed. He walked down several corridors until he came to a blank wall. She raised an eyebrow as she watched him put the crate down beside him before resting the palm of his hand against the wall. From nowhere, a door appeared. Her eyes widened at the sight of the magically appearing door, she had to make sure the others knew about this and what was behind it.

Morgan opened the door and entered, taking the crate with him. The door slammed behind him, staying visible. Curious, Ava went to investigate. She pulled back the hood of her cloak and stood in front of the door, shivering from the breeze which blew against her ankles from underneath the door. She reluctantly reached out and took the door handle, opening it to reveal a never-ending staircase. It was dark and cold, the sound of dripping water echoing along the long tunnel. She swallowed the lump in her throat, not wanting to go any further. She hated to be afraid but she couldn't help it. She could feel the cold air beginning to leave the door and go out into the hallway, it made her shiver. She took a step forward, one of her hands gripping the handle of the door tightly. She was so frightened that she could barely move but the thought of getting her mother back motivated her. She went to take another step and let go of the door but something stopped her. The marble in her pocket started to glow bright green, illuminating the dark passage. Quickly, she jumped back into the corridor and sprinted towards one of the windows. She hated to feel so weak but she wasn't ready for this, she'd just have to hope that the small amount of information she had gathered would be enough to help her get her mother back.

I would've updated yesterday but the part I wrote about Ava's POV didn't save so when I came back to edit it, it was gone. So sad. Anyway, I hope you're enjoying the story. Vote and follow me for more. Thank ya XD