14. Hope

Gowther

Gowther stayed in his hiding place, occasionally looking over to see what Edward was doing. Even though it had been over twenty minutes, the excited male remained seated, writing into the notebook. Gowther remained patient throughout the entire time, waiting for a chance to sneak a peek at the book. After 10 more minutes of waiting, Edward stood from his seat, his chair dragging across the ground with a loud screech. He had a pleased smile on his face, happily moving away from the table and behind his chair to push it in. Without a care or single worry, Edward walked with a skip in his step towards the door of the room. He opened it and stepped out of the room, closing the door behind him.

Taking the given opportunity the goat sin moved from his spot, heading towards the table where Edward had previously been sitting. Luckily, the brunette had left the notebook along with the pen he was using to write into it. He picked up the small, leather note book and opened it, beginning to read its contents. Sure he didn't look surprised by what he saw within but he was. This was nothing he had expected.

Merlin

The boar sin sat in a chair in front of the mirror, watching over (Y/n) as she read her book. It seemed as if hours had gone by when in reality it had barely been twenty minutes. Since (Y/n) had done nothing but reading for the entirety of the time, Merlin was contemplating whether she should leave early and head back to the boar hat or not. But even though she was bored out of her mind she managed to stay, her invisibility spell would wear off in other 20 minutes but she wasn't sure she could last that long. It was silent in the room, the only sound being the occasional turning of pages. Merlin rested her cheek in the palm of her hand as she eyed the (h/c) haired woman, there wasn't much else to do besides watch over her and see if anything out of the ordinary would happen. And luckily for Merlin, something did.

There was something that (Y/n) would do every so often which seemed a little odd. She would either let out a sigh or a hushed hiss of pain, while her hands would release the book and massage her temples. From these small actions, Merlin knew exactly what had happened to (Y/n) and why she wasn't the same thief who stole all of her spell beads all of those years ago. Now knowing that there was a possibility that they could save the 8th sin, a small smile stretched across Merlin's face. It was odd looking but genuine.

(Y/n) let go of her book and rubbed her temples, groaning quietly. The sound of footsteps coming up the stairs and into the room were heard, gathering the attention of both Merlin and (Y/n). Through the railing the two watched as Edward entered the tower room, a wide smile growing on his face when he saw (Y/n).

"Good evening, my princess," he greeted as he approached her. She stood and moved towards him, not hesitating to press her lips against his. Merlin internally scoffed, hating to see your body forced to show such intimate affection to someone who wasn't Ban. The two then pulled away, their smiles expressing how much they cared for each other.

"Was there something you needed from me?" (Y/n) asked, letting one of her hands reach up to cup his cheek. Edward's face turned red from the softness of her touch and the way she looked at him with such love and care.

"Yes, there is, I need to show you something." His eyes never left her for a second, watching as her smile widened.

"What is it?" she asks. Edward smiles softly at her, reaching forward to tuck a loose strand of hair behind her ear.

"It's a surprise".

The two walked hand in hand out of the room and into the main part of the castle, travelling up several flights of stairs, all the way to the top of the tallest tower in the castle. Merlin followed the couple the entire way, cringing at the way (Y/n) would giggle at the terrible jokes Edward would tell her. She was so out of character that it was unbelievable, even though the mage found difficulty in watching them she pushed on anyway. She kept looking around for any sign of Gowther as well but she didn't see him anywhere, he was supposed to be watching Edward so she wondered why he wasn't there.