Epilogue

Eadlyn
"Well, that was fun." Ahren said to us, as Kaden, Osten, and I headed back to our rooms.

"It was surprising," Kaden commented. "I mean, who knew their story was so... stressful."

"And the fact that Grandpa Singer was a rebel?" Osten whispered.

I nodded in agreement. "You would think Mom would have told Dad that already."

We were silent, thinking about all that had happened and had been confessed. It really opened our minds a bit. As we traveled down the halls, Osten had disappeared into his room, as well as Kaden. Soon it was just Ahren and I.

"I think I know what I want for our next birthday," Ahren said.

I looked at him. "And that is..."

"I want to know what Dad did that made him such a traitor."

I froze.

"Eady?" he looked over to me, concerned. "Are you okay?"

I swallowed. "Ahren. You don't need to ask for that next year."

"Why not? I am sure you want to know as- wait," He narrowed his eyes at me. "You already know, don't you. Just like with Dad's back."

I looked down, not meeting his eyes.

"I think we better make a trip to Mom and Dad's room," Ahren decided, pulling me down the hall.

America
"Are you alright, Maxon?" I asked quietly putting my arms around him. We were finally alone in the privacy of our room and Maxon hadn't said a word to me.

"I guess. It's a lot to take in," he replied, kissing my forehead. "I'm realizing things I never considered before."

I gave him a weak smile. "Do you want to talk about it?"

Before he could respond, the door to our bedroom burst open. I spun around to see Eadlyn and Ahren standing in the doorway.

"What on earth?" Maxon exclaimed.

"What did you do Dad?" Ahren demanded. "What did you do that made you a traitor?"

Maxon and I exchanged glances. I gave him a nod and he went to the phone to call up Brice.

"Take a seat." I said, motioning to the couch in our room. "I am afraid you are going to hear another confession..."

---------------------------------------------------------
(Before you ask, no I will not be writing anything else in this. Sorry)
(Well, maybe later, but nothing in the near future)
I just want to say, THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR READING THIS FANFICTION!! This is the first one I have actually finished! So, thanks for putting up with me for so long! And thank you for all the wonderful comments in the last chapter. They really mean a lot to me. I am going to stop saying thank you, because I think you get the point :)

-theselectionseriesfan