Chapter Twelve - Patrick

Right from the beginning of the game, I didn't know what to do. All through the game, I didn't know what to do.

 Including now.

 As I was running, I spotted a clearing in the woods from a distance, and went towards it and I'm pretty sure somebody else was just there, but I'll never know because I stepped on a stick and... of course... it snapped. I carefully looked around the clearing, making sure nobody else was there. After making sure there was no-one, I edged into the clearing and went towards the log going over the stream in the middle of the clearing. I was about to sit down when I noticed something.

 Somebody's coat.

 I pick it up, unsure about what to do with it. It is dark purple and looks a bit thinner than my usual coats. I check the tag on the inside. No name.

 "Uh..." The coat is still dangling between my fingers.

 From the corner of my eye, I suddenly see movement. I freeze. Maybe if I stay super still Maisie won't see me? Shit, no. That's a dumb move. I scramble under the log. Damn, this water's reaLly cold. The rushing water goes halfway up my thighs and almost to my elbows but I deal with it. I hear her slowly coming out of the forest. I peek out from under the log. Her shoes are black and snug-fitting. Maisie doesn't usually wear black... She stops, and I quickly duck back under the log. She walks over to the log and stops again. I hear shuffling and I think mumbling too and assume she's picking up the coat.

 "Hmm..." she says. Okay, that's definitely not Maisie. I adjust myself so that I can run as soon as possible and take a chance. I emerge from under the log, crouching so that I can run if I have to.
She jumps. "Patrick? You're here too?" Analee looks surprised. The coat is bunched up and she's holding it in both hands in front of her.

 I get out from under the log and shake out my wet legs. "Uh, yeah... I thought you were Maisie, sorry. If I knew, I wouldn't have hidden and stuff." I take off my sweater and squeeze the water it soaked up into the river. I tie it around my waist. "So, um... you're not tagged, right?"

 She laughs. "No, haha," her face becomes serious. "If I was tagged, I'd be dead..." she looks away.

 "What do you mean?" I ask. Suddenly, all those explosions and gunshots don't seem coincidental.

 She takes a seat on the log. "I don't know... who it was... but..." she puts her head in her hands and grimaces. "I saw Maisie... she...she split someone," She takes a deep breath. "...in h-half."
She pauses. "I don't think... this is just Manhunt... anymore."

---------------END OF PART 1---------------