Prologue

This world we live in, the exceptional is considered the “norm”. Fantasy became reality. As of now, 80% of the population is made up of superhumans. Due to this, the world was in chaos. So the profession that was once a dream entered the spot light! And for me? I live in this strange world as part of the 80%. My name is Nanami Toshinori. I’m the niece of the symbol of peace, All might. Of course my life has never been all cupcakes and rainbows. I wasn’t bullied or anything, but my house life sucked. My father passed away on live television. I was only 8 at the time. I watch everything and so did my mom. After that she went into depression and seemed to hate me. She would blame me for it. I never took it to heart, knowing she was just broken. Not long after her words started getting worse. She started blaming my quirk. She wished I was never born. I was 12 when this started. But never once did I cry. I took care of my mom even if she didn't want me to. My uncle soon came along and took me to live with him. My mom didn't care, she let me go. I still went to visit, but when I turned 13, she left. She left me all alone. And the last words she said to me hurt me so much. “I wish you would just leave me alone. I regret giving birth to something like you. I hate you. It's your fault your father died. It's all because of those eye of yours”. And she turned and left.

I cried for the first time. I called out to her, but she ignored me. Now, almost 2 years later, I live with my Uncle and live a better life. I still wonder where my mom is. All I know is that she’s currently living in America and works as a fashion designer. I’m happy that she found something to keep her smiling. Oh, I have to go, I need to train with my extra-for-everything Uncle. I’m attending UA in a couple of months. Too bad I don’t have to take the exam because I got recommended to the school. I would have loved to meet my fellow students. Well, I better go before Uncle breaks my door….Again