4

"Nanami! Daddy has a big job to go to so let pause on our date for today. Be ready for me when I get home okay?".

Don't go

"Be safe Dad! I'll watch you on TV so beat those bad guys butt!".

No don't go. I won't see you again. Please Dad!

"I love you, my little Nanami".

"I love you too Daddy!".

I love you.....Please don't go......I don't want to watch you die.....I don't want to be Alone

"Captain is down! Oh god! He's not getting up!".

".....Daddy?".

"I think he's dead. Wait! He's saying something".

"Nanami.....Sorry...looks like out date is gonna have to wait".

"All your fault. All your fault. It's all your fault Nanami".

"Please stop Mom",

It's wasn't my fault

"I hate you".

"Please calm down Mom".

Stop yelling at me. I don't want you to yell,

"I wish you were never born"

...

...

...

I wish the same thing

I wake up covered in sweat and out of breath. I haven't had a dream like that since before my mom left. That call yesterday must have triggered it. I take deep breaths and try to calm down. "Meow". Mustang jumps up on my bed. "I'm okay. Promise". He rubs himself against my chest. "Thanks bud". I run my fingers through his black fur. I glance over at my alarm clock. 5:36am. I guess I'm not going to bed anytime soon so might as well get up. I gently pick up Mustang and place him on the other side of me. I get out of bed and stretch. "I should take a shower and then I'll eat some breakfast and maybe visit Dad before school". Mustang ignores me as he rolls all over my light blue blankets. "You don't care".

I search through my dresser from some clean socks and underwear. I open the top one on the right and see my dads goggles. I take them into my hands and run my thumb over the yellow lens. My dad always wore these and he honestly looked like a huge dork but I never had the heart to tell him that. Should I take them with me? Maybe I should. He'll be happy to see them again. I place them next to my bag. I soon find underwear and socks and head into the shower. My uniform is already hanging in the bathroom so Mustang doesn't use it as a scratching post.

~Time skip brought to you by: Your knowledge of how showers work~

I finish drying my hair and walk into the kitchen. What should I eat? Toast and butter sounds amazing for some reason. I hurry and make my simple breakfast and scarf it down. "Mustang! I'm off to school! There's food in your bowl and water". I don't get a response but I know he heard me. I grab my bag and my dad's goggles. "Bye!". I head out ad lock the door behind me. 6:20am. Enough time to visit dad and get to school. The cemetery is about a 12 minute walk from my house while U.A is a 30 minute walk from the cemetery. I better leave by 7:20 if I want to be early. I start my walk, I stop at a small flower shop owned by a sweet old lady named Sachiko. "Good morning Nanami, picking up flowers for your Dad? I haven't seen you in awhile young lady". I nod. "Sorry about that, I was training and studying to get into U.A". She gives me a smile. "He's proud of you. He would always talk about how he wanted you to become a great hero". She hands me an assortment of flowers held together with clear wrapping and a light green ribbon. "How much?". She shakes her head. "It's on the house". I don't try and argue since I know she won't change her mind. "I'll bring you some sugar cookies next time". She gives me a thumbs up. "I'll be waiting, now hurry up". I start walking again.