Chapter 5

[ To the Convent ]

It's been one week.

One whole freaking week where Seulgi had to live her life as the music producer to work with.

Not that she's complaining or anything.

She just really wanted to meet Irene.

The Irene of this world.

But Jennie thinks that it's best that they wait. Sort of build the suspense. The Gucci lover already met with Irene and the jerk version of Mark - as both Jennie and Lisa claims - to get things finalized for the upcoming wedding. Jennie also manage to ensure that Seulgi gets to be the music entertainer, so there's the prospect of seeing Irene soon at least.

Lisa's been busy with whatever the hell she's doing in that lab of hers so Seulgi's staying clear of her for a while.

Dr. Manoban, however, tried to convince Seulgi to try and access their world's Seulgi's memories, if only to help their cause.

But even though Seulgi tried her best to concentrate, and meditate, and focus, and all those sort of things, it was to no avail. She couldn't access those memories.

So she decided to busy herself with the music for now. Nothing good ever comes from overthinking. She needed to clear her mind.

And Seulgi found it funny how easy she seemed to adjust with her sort of new life.

It wasn't until that one week later that Jennie dragged her away from her busy schedule for some sort of mission, driving out of town heading to some mysterious destination somewhere.

"We're gathering everyone for the wedding. They've been MIA ages ago and apparently Irene's having a hard time getting them together now."

"Why? Everyone I know usually never passes out on a chance for a gathering." Seulgi remarked.

"Well, the people of this world sort of drifted apart. We all keep in touch, but, you know? Busy life and everything."

"Okay."

"Okay? You have no snappy comment there?"

"Considering Lisa fucking Manoban is rather conservative and nerdy in this world instead of her usual - for the lack of a better word - flirty and badass self. Although your Lisa still clearly hot, so lucky girl, you. Now don't get all mad, glad she's saving all herself for you." Seulgi replied and grimaced at the image that popped into her head with what she had just said.

"Anyways, I'm kind of interested in seeing what else is different with the people of this world. I mean you're still you, but... I don't know. It's just weird seeing you all matured and shit instead of singing on stages, aaand... you're also missing the lack-of-swag nicknames you love calling me there."

"So are you asking me to sing for you?"

"Uhh... no."

"And what? Do you want me to call you jamless?"

"No?"

"Then why are you complaining?"

"I'm just not used to you being nice to me. Hell, you always just comes in our dorm to tease and antagonized me!" Seulgi answered truthfully, "And honestly you're really more of Irene's friend than anything in my world. I do like your group's music though." Seulgi reassured her, though she didn't think mentioning Square Up and its impact on their fanbase getting pak was a very good idea.

She had enough of her very own Jennie's version smug face so.

Jennie chuckled, "Boy are you in for a treat."