Chapter 15

A Promise Made by Two Children

A/N: So the dream form chapter 9 is revealed here as a memory that Seulgi recollects out loud.

Sorry it's going to be a bit of an up and down battle.

[•••]

The song Seulgi sings a verse form is called "Gallery" by Mario Vasquez, I thought it would perfectly sum up the way she sees Mark treating Irene.

Seulgi was alone for the next two days.

For the most part.

She decided to work at home, mostly meeting only with Chungha. But on that particular day - day thirty nine - she had her penthouse all to herself.

The wait was maddening, even more so than before. She had been keeping her schedule incredibly light, as promised, so that she can accommodate Irene whenever she planned to meet-up.

But still no word.

She was lying on her couch, headphones on, singing softly along to the current song playing as she tried to rest and clear her head.

Mark was so lucky to have Irene, and it was still bugging her that her beloved brunette was with this version of Mark Tuan.

It was just not fair.

Irene deserved better.

And while she's not exactly the perfect definition of 'better' for Irene, Seulgi was so damn sure she'll do whatever it takes to prove to the brunette that she deserves to be with her.

Because Irene simply makes her better too.

So yeah, the fact that the carbon copy of her former group's leader is about to get married within less than a month or so wasn't exactly appealing and it's driving her nuts. She even heard from Jennie that she's been engaged to Mark for only a good eight months before the wedding date.

She could have had eight months of trying to vie for Irene's affection.

But apparently whatever it was going on between Jennie and Mark - Lisa couldn't stop but emphasize just how much they actually hated each other - was enough to postpone the search for a DJ until the whole situation had happened and the opportunity presented itself.

Or for that matter, seeing each other again.

Thus, she had a little less than a month

A little less than a month to try and fight for the promise made by little children not so long ago.

And considering this reality's Irene has never seen Seulgi in person for ages makes it even harder. Because if people change over weeks or months of not seeing them, how much more when its years that's keeping them apart.

Yep, the odds are stacking up against her.

And she hates that something intangible such as fate and love, and the ideals of being soulmates or 'the one' for each other are all that's keeping her hopes up.

But even though the former kpop idol wasn't exactly a believer of 'happily ever after' or 'soulmates,' she does believe in one thing;

that she loves Irene.

And that Irene loves her too.

Somehow, some way.

Seulgi was still singing along, a little bit louder now as she got up pacing around in her own living room as she tried to think up of a way to show Irene exactly how she feels.