Chapter 17

Too Many Variables, So Little Time

[***]

A/N: Here's Lisa's chapter so uhh... enjoy the Jenlisa.

And of course I'll post Jennie's chapter as well.

And thanks for all the reviews and continuous support!

It's remarkable really.

How everything is made up of numbers.

How you can know everything there is to know in terms of digits.

Coordinates.

Simulations.

They're all about crunching the numbers.

Remarkable.

And how we're made up of chemicals that keep undergoing reactions in a certain way, with all the right conditions that experiments can't even perfectly replicate, keeping us alive.

They can come close as much as they want.

But you can't replicate the universe.

The tiny universe that is the mesh of DNA replicating, cells interacting, neurons firing ions, chemicals inducing sensations and reactions.

And the big universe, matter, earth, space, and apparently the fabrics of time and reality.

It's all so purely remarkable.

We are all specs of dust in comparison to the big universe.

It's like we're the molecules.

Like we're the DNA that carries its genetic component.

We - from our interactions, reactions, decisions - are what's keeping it alive.

In the same way that it sustains us.

What's even more remarkable?

How us tiny humans even find our right match.

Our perfect base pair.

The one that fits.

Lisa leaned on the back rest of her chair, pleased at finally completing her invention to help Seulgi find her way home when she almost jumped at the sound made by the glass doors of her main lab swishing open.

It was a little past midnight, her staff and interns all resting in their warm homes. But Lisa's working overtime. Their world had slowed down on its rate of colliding with the Seulgi's own, and the medication she's given the singer is helping to make sure the memories of two Seulgi's don't completely converged.

Still, work overtime she shall, because she won't be able to breathe easy until everything is as it should be. There was lot at stake.

And Lisa's was sure too that none of her lab workers understood just how much was at stake, to them she's just babbling on about the significance of their studies as usual.

So she wasn't expecting anyone else to be there at all.

"Hey you, look what I brought." Jennie said with a smile on her face as she walked around the work bench that separated her from Lisa and placed the box of assorted pastries from a nearby patisserie and two cups of coffee.