T W O

161 hours, 19 minutes and 34 seconds until explosion.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ladybug zipped off into the smog of Paris, searching for Chat Noir. Her vision was obstructed by rain creating a mist and her bangs that were now glued to her forehead. She instead used her yo-yo tracker to spot him moving on the Seine River. Moving? Ladybug thought, How could he be moving on the water?

Her thoughts were answered when she spotted a cruising boat of people, emanating warm yellow lights into the night. Near the front of the boats canopy, was a curled up black ball, shivering and shuddering in the cold.

He sensed her presence, "Ladybug."

"Chat Noir."

Their voices hung stiff in the atmosphere, almost drowned out by the laughter and chatter of the crowd below.

Chat Noir unravelled himself from the curled up position and turned to face Ladybug, eyes red and cheeks hollow. "Why didn't you come home, Chaton?" Ladybug asked softly, unclasping the umbrella and opening it up in front of them.

"I-I... I was scared." Chat Noir looked down in resentment towards his foolish actions. Ladybug's heart ached to comfort him but she asked, "What were you scared about?" Her voice was soft and patient. She hated seeing him so weak, vulnerable and frightened.

"I ran out of a-aspirin and I was afraid I might h-hurt you s-so I left to buy more." His words came out strangled and regretful. She reached forward and cupped his cheek with her hand, he yearned for her touch, the caress of her soft fingers.

Flinching away for a moment, he leaned into her hand, closing his eyes to savour the feeling of her.

 "Adrien, please come home."

 She didn't worry about him not coming  home earlier. She wanted him home now.  With her.

Chat Noir's glossy eyes met hers for  a long minute, drowning in the sorrow and pity that filled her ocean eyes.

How he wanted to take that feeling away. To replace it with love, joy and excitement. He wanted to be home with her, relish in the comfort and open arms for him to curl into.

Chat Noir slowly but surely nodded and Ladybug dropped his hand. Just as she was about to latch the umbrella to her waist once more, Chat Noir attacked her with a hug. 

 The umbrella was flung out of her hands as she stumbled back for a moment. Ladybug was taken by surprise, but relaxed at the caress of Chat Noir's hands on her hips. She smiled softly and closed her eyes and responded with wrapping her arms around his neck and playing with the soft ends of his sun kissed hair.

He buried his nose in the base of her neck, relishing her scent. He stopped nuzzling her, "Thank you for coming for me, and I'm sorry for making you worry." She lifted her head from his shoulder and looked at him, her eyes swimming in disbelief. "Chaton, there is no reason for you to say thank you or say sorry. I love you and I want you home, safe with Alya, Nino and I."

A soft smile graced his lips and she smiled back. "Okay, lets get home." Pleased at his answer, she finally clasped her umbrella back on her waist. The smile stayed on both their lips as they shot through the misty sky, cutting through the smog and leaping over rooftops.

They headed home, Home, Chat Noir mused, Is anywhere as long as I'm with her.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey readers! Small announcements:

The chapters will although  range from short to long depending on how much i changed from the original version. TPIP is a short story that I'm  hoping will only be 15 chapters. 

Have a great week!

~cakeanddonuts~