S P E C I A L C H A P T E R

The time has come, my fellow miraculers!  I hope it meets your standards and that you are pleased with this chapter. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The lights were lit and the decorations were hung. Exultation and amity poured through every home in Paris, leaking into the hearts of even the most immoral beings. Warm, dim light was carried though the streets, ricocheting off the snowed streets. Children laughed, carollers sang and bells jingled.

Church had resided, allowing people to depart for home. Younglings tore off the formal dress and switch to casual clothing. Adults beamed the enthusiasm and rather moved to kitchens to continue the preparations of a hearty Christmas lunch.

While all this proceeded, one man failed to join in the festivities. He stood in the graveyard, the special place where he could resign, escape and wallow in sorrow, pity and guilt. A couple of roses were bitterly gripped in his right hand. One, red; the other, white. Their favourites.

Regretful, salty drops fell from his cheeks, watering the flowers he held. Small whimpers and sobs emanating from his lips as his face morphed to pain and exertion.

No one knew he was there. They all thought he still remained at church, helping with the clean up. But no, he had wanted to visit the grave; their grave, and wish them all the love in his heart.

Regarding the tilted caskets, he peered into the bodies glassed into the coffin and gathered himself to speak.

"Mother, father," he scrapped a small smile together, "Merry Christmas!" he said loudly, vexation growing harsher in his words and taking over, "Yeah, it's Christmas! Can you believe it? The first Christmas that you two can finally be together. Well, guess what?," his voice broke at the end, "You forgot me. You forgot to take me with you, because how can I live on, knowing that both of you are dead?" he stressed the word aggrievedly, "That you both left me here to suffer without you? How could you? When you knew as a child that was all I wanted, to be with you both?"

He looked accusingly at his mother in the dainty white suit, a soft, loving smile that was plastered deliberately on her face shattered his heart. "You left us, you left me, to live with him!" he pointed a finger to his father's coffin, not daring to look at his cold, tyrannical profile. "You have absolutely no idea what its like to live without a mother, and to be treated as if you're no more insignificant than a speck of dust by your father, a man that you respect and love!" His eyes had widened to an extensive measure, anger and hatred blaring through each fleck of the suddenly darkened green in his iris's.

Unexpectedly, he grew faint, the world blurred and the indignant snarl fell instantly from his face. The lids of his eyes became heavy, as did his body whilst it swayed and he tripped over his own foot, falling, unconscious on his mothers glassed casket, a loud, painful thud emitting and echoing through the tomb house.

<||>

"Holy fuck, what did you do!?" Nino's eyes flared with anger and confusion masking the fear and worry. Alya stared at his body, limp and almost lifeless on the hospital bed with a droopy gaze trying to identify his company. She didn't know what to feel. All the past emotions of regret and pity had shrivelled up mercilessly at the presence of any danger.

Adrien ignored his best friend, who was close to rattling his shoulders till his head was detached from his body, and looked at the figure that just materialised at the door.

"Marinette," he rasped as she rushed to him with unshed tears already gleaming in her bluebells. Nino and Alya took their cue and silently retreated to the benches outside of the room. Marinette skidded to a stop at his bedside and kneeled down to hold his forehead to hers.

"Adrien," She held her lids tightly together, forcing the tears and sobs back, trying to focus on the matter at hand. She removed herself from him on strong pursuit to interrogate him.

"What happened?" She stressed the words fiercely and glared at him to make him frown. His brows drew together and the frown deepened in concentration. "I ... I fainted ...?" He tried, the question sounding statement coming out hoarse and dry. Marinette's hand darted to the bedside top where a ready glass of room temperature water stood tall and pushed it to his lips. He drank obediently, gulping down large amounts at once until Marinette pulled the glass away and urging him to speak again.

"Again, what happened?"

"I fainted." He surely, slowly nodding as if assuring himself. "Really? You don't remember anything?" "No," Marinette's eyes narrowed considerably, disbelievingly. "Where were you?"

Shit, Adrien cursed.

She noticed how he seemed uneasy and lowered her head exasperatedly. Sighing, she spoke, "Adrien, were you at the house?" He froze and avoided her gaze. "Adrien, really? You shouldn't do that to yourself. It's unhealthy and plain wrong. Please, if you need anything we're here, I'm here." She looked up and laid her hand on his, kneading small, soft circles. "I know," There was a pause of complete silence amongst them, just the two, drowning in the eternal quietude and each others eyes.

Then, the door creaked open, a black woman in a light mint green nurse attire peeked through. She walked in and drew the attention of Adrien and Marinette. "Good afternoon, you are...?" She looked quizzically at the blunette that had risen from her kneeled down position. "Marinette Dupain-Cheng, I'm his girlfriend." She splayed her hand out, smiling lightly. "Oh, I see," recognition crossed the nurses face, "I'm Bridgette, just coming in with his results." Bridgette took Marinette's hand and shook it stiffly.

"Mr. Agreste, you were formally known to be well exposed to nuclear chemicals and several unnatural disasters due to ... unfortunate events." Bridgette started to read off her clipboard in hand with furred brows. "You have an alternate personality that is very active and exposed to such. The superhero, Chat Noir, am I correct?" She looked up and into Adrien's eyes, which were filled with remorse. His secret identity had haplessly been divulged when the dreadful civil war of Hawkmoth and the Parisian superheroes took place and left Chat Noir tattered and unconscious, in immediate need of hospitable attention. Adrien nodded slowly, looking away.

Bridgette nodded and continued, "For unexplained and incomprehensible reasons, there seemed to have been a chemical reaction to the 'cataclysm', and it has affected your heart."

Marinette hardened, her movements pausing and eyes widening. They had lost Master Fu in the battle when he had nobly joined the fight. No one had ever warned them of this, perhaps Master Fu didn't find the need to worry, but he thought wrong. Overuse can affect the heart? Fear swelled in Marinette's stomach, sickening her further.

Bridgette's look was grave, "Sudden events will trigger it, a heart attack, the increase of your heart beat will cause a large mass of blood to rush to your heart, resulting to a heart attack. Nothing all too serious unless the participation of more unfortunate events occur, you'll be fine." She pulled out a little bottle of small, white pills. "Chew one of these with or without water every time an attack should occur, I advise you to not engage in any more superhero happenings or the consequence shall be grave. I will leave you two to think. Merry Christmas."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~