T E N

149 hours, 39 minutes and 23 seconds until the explosion.

(The flashback)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Congrats on being early," Nathaniel asked as he walked into the empty class. It was lunch. He wanted. Marinette was sitting on a desk when he had come in, and smiled gently.

She moved from her sitting position to standing in front of him, reaching out. He flinched back his eyes clouded with uncertainty. She frowned, "Nate, what's wrong?" The nickname. Her nickname for him.

What's her nickname him? Nathaniel thought bitterly with a snarl.

"Is it true?" He ignored her first question. "What are talking about?" Marinette asked grimly. "The rumour, Mari, the freaking rumour!" He didn't want to believe it, not now, not ever.

"What rumour? I don't know what you're-" She remembered. The whole debacle of her and ... Adrien. It was a mistake, a regret.

Your typical, high-school party.

Nathaniel was the designated driver and had to drop off a few drunken bodies to their homes. But her got conveniently pulled over by the police and later on had to pause at a gas station for a refill.

During all this time, Marinette tried to sober up, but it was difficult when you had had your body in a handstand slurping liquor straight from the keg and a crowd of people cheering you on. When she lost balance, Marinette attempted to down bottled water and throw up later.

After expertly emptying her guts out into a toilet bowl, she exited the bathroom only to bump into the body that belonged to the notoriously famous Adrien Agreste. In a haze of toxic air and lust, she threw herself on him and he gladly abided.

Drunk out of his mind and horny enough to dry hump the lamp, he dragged her half limp body to the empty game-room where they continued their frivolous activities.

Mere hours later, endless possibilities had been spread by a single person which saw the two enter the game-room. Soon, the entire school knew that Marinette Dupain-Cheng and Adrien Agreste had hooked up at a party the night before and she was apparently pregnant with his children and that they were planning on dropping out of school to live in Italy and continue their lives there.

This was obviously not the truth. Even intoxicated and under the rule of lust and alcohol, Adrien never went below Marinette's belt. He was persuaded to do so, her innocent, sweet scented body underneath him, completely vulnerable and pleading, soft moans and whimpers exiting her lips at his touch in her skin. Temptation was hard to resist and so was she, but he had respect and honour for her consent, which was never given.

He found out, Marinette suddenly realised, nervous hands trembling.

"That one..." she whispered. "What do you mean 'that one'?" Nathaniel's furious tone was accompanied by vexed quotes made by his fingers. "Is there another?" "No, no, Nate you know that's not true!"

"No, I actually don't know, why don't you enlighten me?" He crossed his arms. "Whatever you heard, it's not true!" She cried out, shrivelling back at his anger.

"So you didn't have a hot make-out session with Adrien Agreste and then proceed to have sex with him a the party two days ago?" His eyes were dark in rage and betrayal, flashing with hints disappointment in himself. Disappointment that he couldn't keep a girlfriend.

"Well ... the first part is right, but we didn't have sex," she corrected, "I did not have sex with Adrien Agreste. Not with anyone," Marinette said, stressing the negatives. "Marinette..." She turned up to his utter. She reached out again, but he dismissed her hand, "I-I have to ask you a question that will determine everything." Nathaniel said, seriousness evident in his words, but the was fear hidden somewhere in between. "Ask anything," Marinette replied, desperate to prove her love towards him.

"Tell the honest truth, did you enjoy it?" A frown formed on her brow. "Did you like how he kissed you?" Nathaniel breathed in exasperation and frustration.

She thought for a while, concentrating on that night, the feel of his hands on her body, the way he gently held her face and traced her lips with his tongue and how he left a hot breath over each kiss he placed on the mounds of her breasts. She shivered in remembrance.

Marinette blinked, parted her lips and her voiced her answered, "Yes, I enjoyed it," she whispered, looking down, her hands limp at her other. As much as it hurt and pained, Marinette never lied.

With a sigh, Nathaniel frowned deeply, disappointed and anger finally settling in and swelling bigger inside him. But, he pulled Marinette's lips to his in a fierce kiss. His tongue darted out to feel her for one last time. Their breaths mingled, hands trembled, tongues in a frenzied danced, their last and most passionate kissed continued for what seemed like hours. When they broke apart, Nathaniel pressed her forehead to his, breathing slowly, heavily. "What, what was ... that for?" Marinette whimpered in between breaths.

"A goodbye," he said, planted a chaste kiss on her forehead and left the classroom.

"Did I strike a chord?" Came Nathaniel's faraway voice. Marinette snapped back from her reverie, uncertain emotions judging themselves in the situation.

She was brought back to present time, sitting with Nathaniel in a café drinking a double shot expresso. Isn't this thing supposed to keep on Earth? Shaking her head swiftly, she hoped her movement banished all previous thoughts.

Marinette looked back up to Nathaniel in front of her. Sweet, kind Nathaniel lost over a misunderstanding. His doesn't  deserve this, Marinette decided, he doesn't deserve to deal with my sorrows and big-ass life problems.

"Sorry, just lost in thought." She answered, a fake smile partnering with her fake happiness. There was a small smile playing at his lips, he knew he brought back memories. And he was thoroughly enjoying himself. There was a part of him that wanted her to hurt as much as he had, to patronise her.

"You broke my heart, ya' know?" He sipped his vanilla latte casually. Sadness wafted into Marinette eyes, even regret.

"Nathaniel, I-"

"No worries, I'm happy with Chloe," A full smile spread across Nathaniel's thawed cheeks.

"With Chloe," Marinette whispered, bringing her expresso to her lips, letting it linger there before taking a long, full sip of the hot beverage, remembering that her friend, her old partner  would be back in Paris the next day.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey, everyone!

Don't forget to

Comment

Vote

and

Share

Have a good one!

~cakeanddonuts