T H R E E

161 hours, 13 minutes and 12 seconds until explosion.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ladybug and Chat Noir dissolved into Marinette and Adrien and the noise beckoned Alya and Nino up to the bedroom. They arrived, sad sympathetic expressions painted under their glasses.

Nino broke off to Adrien, interrogating Adrien in a soothing but hushed voice. Alya branched to Marinette.

"Is he okay? What happened?" Alya peered in between Marinette's clamped hands on her face. Marinette revealed her distressed face and slowly nodded. "He ran out of aspirins." She watched Nino lead the said blond downstairs to the kitchen. Alya nodded, understanding her short reply.

"I'm gonna get his heart monitor, you go check on him."

Alya nodded, giving Marinette a final hug and left the room.

Marinette fished the monitor from the bedside drawer and headed for the stairs, but stopped when she heard loud voices from downstairs.

"You brought this upon yourself, blondie." Alya's voice sounded.

"I had to save her, I had to save Paris," Adrien said a it louder.

"By demolishing half of the city?" They were talking about that day. 'The Day That Shall Not Be Spoken Of', it was awarded the nickname by Alya Cesaíre herself.

"Marinette was in danger, I had to do something." Adrien's exaggerated voice rang through. "We get it," Nino started, "But dude, we had it in the bag. Queenie was just about to help her."

Why are they arguing about it? It's in the past now, Marinette's eyes narrowed.

"But she didn't." Adrien said. "Yeah, you lurched forward with your lightbulb idea." Marinette could hear the eye roll Alya directed towards her boyfriend. "Pretty stupid, if you ask me."

"People do stupid things when they're in love," Adrien murmured, though loud enough for Alya to hear. "Don't throw that crap at me! You could have killed her. You could have killed all of us! Now, we're stuck with you, all sick and damaged, just because of your idiotic decision!"

Nino gripped his fiancée's arm, signalling her to stop. She didn't.

"Marinette can't go anywhere, you've become a burden she has to supervise twenty-four seven! I knew that she wanted to become a fashion designer, and travel the world. But no, she has to stay here, in Paris, in this apartment, because you didn't think she could take care if herself!"

"I never said that, " Adrien's eyes morphed to a murderous forest green.

Alya's expression portrayed a demented disbelief. "Oh, no. Don't play games with me, Agreste. You even said it yourself, say it again, I dare you." She glowered, her eyes large with a violent rage.

"I don't know what you're talking about." Adrien seethed. His shoulders were tensed and his height was exaggerated. "You know exactly what you said!" Alya shrieked.

Marinette considered walking down to stop them, but decided it would be better if she found out what Adrien said now instead of suffocating in the uncomfortable and awkward air later on.

Adrien's body heaved up and down. "Alya. Babe, shut up!" Nino hissed. He tried to stop the verbal fight before it became physical. None of them obliged.

"You need to learn to keep your mouth shut, blogger," Adrien warned.

"And you need to learn to have faith in your goddamn girlfriend, Agreste!" Alya spat. "Just admit why you thought she couldn't take care of herself. Huh? Why, Adrien?"