Part one

For me it never really bothered me who I'm playing towards. Whether I play towards Jack Nicholson or Kevin Kline, it was just acting. Acting is the best way to find yourself. You act to be this but realises that this isn't who you are. You are who you are. Believe it or not.

I took a long while thinking on accepting a role I've been kindly offered. I went to see the performance. I only send a fan letter. They asked me if I would like to play Donna Sheridan and I immediately accepted which is where my happiness went down into my shoes. I didn't know that Don would also be part of the cast.

Did you? Obviously, no one did. No one first told me. Maybe they knew that I wouldn't accept it then. Maybe they were right but it's too late to fall out now.

"Meryl!" I give the young talented Amanda Seyfried a sweet smile grabbing her when she ran into my arms. "I can't believe we're finally working together. To think you're going to be my mother."

"Oh hun, I'm everyone's mother." I laughed holding my arm around her shoulder walking up to the crew that stood there about to get aboard.

After greeting everyone I went back to my luggage ready to carry it on the boat that Benny Anderson rented for his family and kindly offered for us to take a ride on. Strange how I seemed to have started looking around to see where Don is. And of course, he came running up to us also getting on the boat. When he came to the top he stopped and gave me a strange look.

"Hallo Meryl." He greeted me since I stood alone and got my eyes on him.

"Hallo Donald." I greeted him back looking behind me and Christine and Julie. I'm happy to see them since the last time we saw each other we got home pissed drunk and slept over at my place. I don't remember much about that night but since that night tese two girls are so worried about me. "Girls."

"Finally in a movie together!" Christine roared in happiness. I gave a giggle giving each a hug and a kiss on the mouth. It's a celebrity things.

Arriving on the island my breath immediately got taken away. I stood at the deck gazing out to look at this little greek island we're getting closer to but still feels so far.

"Meryl." I turn around surprised and gave Benny a kiss and a hug. "My goodness. I can't believe we are finally meeting. I just love watching your movies. Me and my family watched Adaptation last night and we think that you were brilliant."

"Benny, how do I thank you?" I giggled looking at him after giving him a hug and a kiss. Don't let me explain. "I love your music. I love the broadway show. I know you didn't write the script of the show but thanks to your music there is one. I can't believe I'm going to play Donna Sheridan."

"You'll be magnificent." He gave some sort of french action but that was it. His beard is still so hairy and he's a little grey. Age is part of all of our roads. We must embrace getting older each day.

"Thank you Benny. But I still get nervous every time I hear the word 'action'." I smiled like a silly school girl. Who is to blame for this? Gosh, I don't know. Maybe the thought of working with Don.

"Now, Meryl can we get this straight please." He began to make me worried. I know I'm going to get a lecture now. Maybe I deserve being told not to be nervous and that types of things but for me it's like you're asking me to bring Titanic back to life. "Are you alright working with Don? I know you two broke up and haven't actually seen each other in a long while now but be honest. We can arrange for him to play Bill. Bill and Donna doesn't actually face each other except in the old goat house."

"No." I replied immediately. What am I saying no for even? What's gotten into me. "I mean, let him play as Sam. I have nothing against playing towards him. Plus, we're actors and sometimes we need to...you know. Get involved somehow during the movie even if it's on set or wherever."

"So you're alright with kissing him in the end and everything?" Benny asked raising an eyebrow. Don is going to play Sam. Gosh, how can I miss that? "Meryl?"

"I'm fine with it." I smiled at him. He nod his head unsure for a short while before apologizing to leave me here.

"Here is your room keys." We all took keys from the receptionist. I'm in room 24. With a sighed I look up and froze the same time I looked into Don that did the same. I haven't actually heard us singing together at the studios which we had recorded in an old church first. I made plans to get in earlier. They recorded me while I sang my lines and after that I left to go fetch Mamie from the airport. When I left, Don went in and recorded S.O.S further. His voice kind of sounds like Henry's. Handsome and quite amazing.

"What room are you?" Don asked me getting me out of my day dreaming. Gosh, I seriously could neer resist him, could I?

"24. And you?" I asked raising an eyebrow. I'm not angry. I'm actually very much friendlier than I was with our last encounter. I guess that is what's gonna make or roles easier.

"I'm next to you. Room 23." He smiled so brightly all of a sudden. I gave him a smile looking down at the keys then at Julie that put her arm in mine.

"What room are you in?" She asked dearly. Maybe she nust wanted to disturb the awkwardness between me and Don.

"24." I replied giving her a sweet smile.

"Oh I wonder who'll be with you there." She said. I immediately found it odd when she mentioned that. Does she know that Don will be next to my room? "The receptionist said that's the only two rooms in that section that's able to be used."

"Ohh." I nod my ead impressed looking up at Don that gave me a little smile looking at Julie that also looked at him then back at me.

"I can find out who has that room then we can arrange for me to sleep there or give your room to Stella or Colin. I don't like the idea of a woman sleeping alone in the section without any man." She looks so serious. Maybe I should tell her Don will be next to my room. Maybe I should agree for this change to happen.

"No I'm fine there. I kind of do like my privacy in a quiet section." I replied giving her a kiss on the cheek and a hug. "Plus, I don't mind sleeping in a room next to anyone. There's a wall between us."

"You're right." She nodded her head. That moment Christine stole her from me. She apologised first though. Since they're sleeping in the rooms next to each other they immediately walked off.

"Shall we?" Don asked raising an eyebrow with a smile on his mouth. I nod my head. I don't know much about this place though so I'm thinking that maybe if Don does or doesn't, we can reconnect in some sort of way that can let us become friends again like the first time we met. Well honestly I don't think about it much. The first time we met, he came home and entered the bathroom unexpectedly. I remember screaming louded than sirens when he came in and caught me naked.

Our walk to our rooms was quiet and kind of awkward. I gotta say something. Just one thing.

"I swear, if I don't get a tan this summer I might as well go live on the sun." I chuckled. I felt a bit relieved when I heard Don starting to laugh. Gosh, how I remember that laugh so perfectly well. It makes me move from the insides.

"Well, the only way to get a tan Miss. Streep is if you run in bikinis or naked." He laughed. Right at that moment I turned bright red which he immediately noticed and of course is going to tease me about it the rest of my life. The rest of my life...I remember promising to love Don for the rest of my life and look where it ended up. "Well, I'll see you at dinner tonight, right?"

"Of course." I smiled at him nicely stopping in front of my room. He also gave me a nice smile before we both headed into our rooms.

What an exhausting day. Well, I just hope that tomorrow will be better.