Part twelve

It's the last day. Time flew by so incredibly fast. I can barely believe it. I woke up with a lump in my throat and tears in my eyes with Don.

They did my hair, I got in that dress and then let me finish the song. I walk with Amanda to end the song. I laugh because a mother is suppose to be happy for her daughter. I cry because I'm saying goodbye.

"Donna." I look at Don that came running infront of me to stop me from going further. "Donna, we need to talk about who's giving Sophie away."

"That'd be me." I replied walking pass him. It's an acting thing versus reality. It's Don vs Sam to me.

"I don't want to talk. About the things we've gone through. Though it's hurting me. Now it's history. I've played all my cards. And that's what you've done too. Nothing more to say. No more ace to play. The winner takes it all. The looser standig small. Beside the victory that's her destiny." I began to sing after a long conversation about Sophie's dad. "I was in your arms. Thinking I'd belong there. I figured it made sence. Building me a fence. Building me a home. Thinking I'd be strong there. But I was a fool. Playing by the rules. The Gods may throw the dice. They're mind as cold as ice. And someome way down here. Looses someone dear. The winner takes it all. The looser has to fall. It's simple and it's plain. Why should I complain. But tell me, does she kiss. Like I use to kiss you. Does it feel the same. When she calls your name. Somewhere deep inside. You must know I miss you. But what can I say. Rules must be obeyd. The judges will decide. The like of me abide. Spectators or the show always staying low. The game is on again. A lover or a friend. A big thing or a small the winner takes it all."

I'm singing my heart out. It's getting to me. I want to fly into his arms and hold him tight but it's acting. As Donna, Sam is chasing after her. But as Meryl, Don is watching her leave.

"I don't want to talk, if it makes you feel sad. And I understand. You've come to shake my hand. I apologise if it makes you feel bad. Seeing me so tense. No self confidence. But you see. The winner takes it all!" When you put your emotions out on it, it makes it easier for you. Putting your emotions out makes you capable of doing anything. "The winner takes it all! The game is on again. A lover or a friend. A big thing or a small. The winner takes it all!"

I ran away. All up the stairs for the beginning. The music and all got cut and I had to stop since I get so easily out of breath. Turns out I need to climb all these stairs, run a few of them and climbing on.

"The winner takes it all." I finished the song as soon as we continued. Well, great. I'm so over it. Now for Donna and Sam to face the music. That's my biggest concern. I don't know how this played on Don but I just hope it made him come to his sence. I actually hope for him to find true happiness and just be happy. I hope for that girl to do all the things for him that I couldn't do for him. But most of all I wish him the best.

We went on with Sophie's wedding. Gosh, Amanda looks so beautiful as a bride. Sky is a handsome fellow. They look happy. Maybe they're thinking that this could become their reality one day. Marriage, children and everything. Well, as long as they get settled first.

Skipping on the rest of what's happening, reality slaps me right on the face when I had to kiss Don.

"I do." I replied to him. I look around then back at him running up to him into his arms kissing him. It's against the rules to use tongue but for some reason he used it. We kissed a few times for the movie and went right on to the end with Sophie. We had to do that part over but since it became so late they moved it to tomorrow so we'll be leaving the day after that.

We went back to our rooms after dinner. Nothing special happened actually. We just...headed off into deep sleeps.