Grey Eyes

"harder!" the captain of squad two yelled as she walked around the two in the ring.

The small form hit the much larger one harder with several loud puffs of air.

"faster!" the captain yelled once again

"I'm going as fast as I can!" the small voice gasped out stopping her attack only to be hit by her opponent and flung across the room.

You opened your eyes briefly to find a woman with dark skin and purple hair staring warmly down at you

"ah, youre awake little one" she grinned "how's the shoulder?"

"Yoruichi?" you mumbled quietly rubbing your eye with a chubby little hand

"the one and only!" she laughed "I see your mother has been pushing you hard again"

"well-"

"I only push her as hard as I know she can take" you mother interrupted walking into your room and shutting the door behind her

"Soi Fong, she's only 5...she should be playing like other children...not training to fight" Yoruichi laughed and your mother only blushed

"but Yoruichi-sama!"

"don't you agree Soi Fong?" Yoruichi smiled not budging

"..."

It was times like this that you were thankful that Ms. Yoruichi seemed to like you so much.

Maybe too much. See, she always would dress you up, although cute clothes, you still disliked being fawned over so much by someone who wasn't actually family. She'd bring you candy from the world of the living and toys, as well as books. If you ever asked her for something, you were sure it'd be before you the very next time she visited.

Your mother on the other hand, kept her distance from you. She'd stare at you while ms. Yoruichi cuddled and cooed over 'how cute you were'. You would put up with Ms. Yoruichi's behaviour...but if only your mother showed you attention. She always seemed to look at the woman longingly then turn to you with a look of jealously and anger.

Because of this, you would steer clear of your mother for a few days after Yoruichi had left. If you couldn't stay away from her, you'd do everything in your power to please her.

But for some reason...nothing seemed good enough for her.

"why does she only look at (name)?!" you heard your mother scream angrily as you passed her bedroom door one night.

You had woken up from a nightmare in the middle of the night and had come to ask her for comfort

"I've been doing everything for her for as long as I can remember! I've always done as she's asked! Then when I -?! I-?! AURGH!" she screamed again punching a huge hole in the wall "she fawns over (name) instead! It should be me!!!"

"...!" you gasped tears staining your cheeks

Didn't your mother love you?!

Was this woman so much better than you?

Why was she so mad about her liking you and not your mother?

"(nam-)!" you mother gasped hearing your voice and hearing you scramble off.

However, she didn't chase after you. Instead she stood stilled in her spot.

(name) had just heard her...no, her daughter heard her ridiculous childish jealousy rant!