Sash

"mom," you called a bit annoyed as you stood in the middle of an expensive clothing store. This being the twelfth store today.

"-ooh~ and this one matches your eyes just beautiful!!!" your mother continued on as she rummaged and raked through the racks of clothing. Occasionally she found one that you would like that suited her opinion of how you should look so it would find its way in your arms as she continued her massacre of the store's orderly fashion.

"mom." You said loudly even more annoyed as more and more clothes piled in your arms.

You weren't exactly one for shopping or trying on outfits like your mother was. Nor did you enjoy buying tons of anything really. Well, except for ribbons, candy and manga.

"(name)! You're gonna be so drop dead gorgeous I'll be beating men off you~!" your mother gushed in a giddy tone like a little girl in a candy store.

"MOM!" you yelled dropping the pile onto the floor. To this your mother turned to give you her full attention, although she wasn't happy about what you had done.

"what is it (name)?" she asked seriously finally to be taking you seriously. Well, you hoped she was.

"I don't want to shop for clothes, or make up or shoes. Mom, I practically fit in all your clothes. If I needed something more..." you raked your brain for a 'nice' word "adult...I'd just borrow something from your closet."

"Yes but, I think having your own clothes are a good idea. Plus I can steal some of yours!~" she giggled then turned around to return to her rummaging. She then sighed "You were so much more fun when you were a little girl..."

however, what she said had been quiet enough that you didn't hear.

...

Years prior

...

"Mommy!~" you giggled as you clomped your way through the barracks calling your mother.

You were only 4 or 5 in age. Your hair was somehow pulled into two little tuffs on top of your head, you wore one of your mother's shirts (although it reached your ankles), a snake patterned purse on your arm, a pair of your mtoher's heels on your feet and on around your neck was your mother's pink sash.

As you searched for your mother clomping along, members of her squad would giggle or comment about how cute you were walking around in your mother's high heels. Until a woman stopped your hollering and brought you to the captain's office.

"Captain Hitsugaya? Lieutenant Matsumoto?" the woman asked opening the door "I'm sorry to interrupt, however a little one was searching for her mother" she slide aside revealing you in your little get up

"(name)!" your mother blinked shocked as her captain covered his hand to stop himself from laughing.

"look mommy!!! I'm all dressed up like you!" you cheered waving your purse excitedly.

"eh...heh..." rangiku sweatdropped as walked over to you then dropped to your small level "(name)"

"Mommy, look!" you said excited "I got a shirt on and it's the same colour as your sash!" you said flipping the corner of the sash that was being used as a scarf over your shoulder "and I-I found a purse that matches your heels!" you held out one foot carefully to show her. Rangiku looked at each article carefully "see mommy? I can do clothes too!" you cheered proudly

"hmmm..." she hummed studying you for a moment

"right mommy? I did good?" you asked with your big childish eyes

"OH MY SWEET LITTLE GIRL!!!!" she gushed hugging you tightly and picking you up.

You giggled and hugged your mother the best you could loosing your grip on the purse and the heels sliding off your feet and onto the ground.

"I'm so proud you matched the top and sash and then the shoes and purse!!" she cooed pulling away slightly to smile at you, to which you beamed back. "but sweetie..." she sighed softly still smiling.

"what? What's wrong mommy?!" you panicked looking down at yourself

"well snakeskin and pink aren't the best of friends..." she chuckled

"Are you seriously picking at your doughter?!" Your mother's captain yelled

"but captain, she might be just a little girl. But she is MY daughter and she is a girl! She should know how to match properly!!" she whined

"whatever. Sorry I said anything..." he grumbled returning to reading some papers

"mommy?" you tugged at her top gently to get her attention

"yes (name)?" your mother asked looking back to you

"when I'm a big girl I'll be better at this! I promise!" you grinned

...

Presently

...

Rangiku looked over to your form as you peered into the mirror holding a dress up to your body.

"well...at least she kept her promise...although..." Rangiku snuck up behind you and tied a pink sash around your neck like a scarf "there. Now you're all good!"

You stared at your reflection for a few moments then smiled

"thanks mom"

You might've grown to dislike shopping and doing quite a few things that your mother liked to do...but you were still her little girl stealing her purse and shoes and parading around the seireitei in them.

...although this time you actually matched XD

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You are Rangiku Matsumoto's Child

Originally Created in 2016