Barrettes

"mama..." you called out in a whining unsure tone as you pulled your spoon up above your head watching the odd coloured food plop into your bowl "what...is this...?"

"supper!~" your mother smiled cheerily as she happily ate some of the strange food off her spoon

You watched your mother with an unsettled eye as she continued to eat the strange substance. You adored your mother. A LOT. But there was no way you were eating THIS!

Peanut butter, ice cream and pickles...okay it was tolerable.

Wasabi, sashimi, and maraschino cherries on garlic bread...nasty but again stomachable

But this stuff?!

Oh HELL Nah!

"mama" you snorted out

"yes sweetie?" your mother beamed

"I'm not eating this" you said stubbornly as you waved your little spoon while you spoke

"oh, no?" she asked smiling

"no!"

"not even if I said we were having donuts and chocolate covered strawberries for dessert?" she taunted coyly

"..." you sweatdropped slightly

You liked those...

BE STRONG (NAME)!!!!

"well...?" she giggled

"no!" you yelled standing up "I want papa to come home and make supper! His supper's make sense!!" you demanded.

To this your mother's smiled drooped a little.

"well, papa won't be home tonight sweetheart..." she said with a sad smile

"why not?!" you yelled slamming your little hands onto the table. Through this action of using all the weight in your small body your hair pins flew out of your bangs and onto the table.

"papa has work to do. He's very busy (name)" your mother sighed

She grabbed the pins that were very similar to her own and brushed back some of your bangs.

"now hold still" she murmured as she pulled more of your bangs back and pinned the chrysanthemum shaped pins into your hair.

You looked back the best you could, trying to watch your mother as she fixed your hair for the millionth time today.

"you have to be careful you don't lose these (name)" your mother smiled brightly "they're very special pins just like mine!"

...

Years later

...

You reached a hand up into your bangs and pulled one of your blue hair pins. You brought it down to your lap and looked down on them. Things were a lot simpler then...you could rush all over without a care in the world. And it certainly didn't matter if you misplaced your hair pins during the day either.

You sighed and looked up at the Sakura tree. You were at the high school that your mother had once attended, sitting in your favourite place.

When you were a little girl, it didn't matter if you forgot your pins. Your mother was the one looking out for you in that sense...well she took care of your regardless, but still.

Actually, your mother still reminded you in the morning to put your pins in your hair and to not lose them.

After lying and sneaking out of the house without your pins, your mother had taken up the habit of checking your hair for them before she allowed you to leave for school.

"(name)" a soft voice called as a gentle touch on your shoulder became apparent.

You looked up to see your mother smiling down at you.

"mom?" you asked quietly "what are you doing here?"

"well..." she grinned smoothing out her long skirt then joining you on the ground under the pink umbrella of shade. "you didn't come home when you usually did and after 30 minutes I decided I'd come get you"

"hmm..." you hummed leaning your head against her shoulder. "how did you know where I was??"

To this your mother beamed and took your pin out of your hand. She leaned away for a moment and pulled back your bangs that had fallen into your face and placed your pin to hold them back.

"I'm your mom, of course I know where you are" she giggled looking at you softly "you remind me so much of your father sometimes..."

You rolled your eyes to this having barely seen your father. He was always busy and although your mother claimed that he was home every night to make sure you both were safe...

You usually never saw him

"I'm more like a mini you, mom" you scoffed "I stay at home doing boring things unlike all this being 'out' dad does and I have these stupid hair pieces!" you grouched

Your mother was about to speak when a monster appeared seemingly out of nowhere! It swung at you and your mother dived between.

...

When you felt no pain of death, you opened an eye to see your mother standing in front of you with a weird orange glowing phenomena before her. The monster was dissipating as you gawked.

"(name)" your mother called turning to face your with her warm grey eyes.

Your mother had never looked so cool.

Her long orange hair fluttering in the wind as she looked over her shoulder to you.

Her grey eyes beaming down at your knowingly.

And the orange...thing...that turned to blue lights. The lights shooting back to the spot where her bangs were pinned back.

"mom....?" You squeaked

Your mother kneeled in front of you and tapped your hair pins

"not so stupid anymore, huh...?" she giggled.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You are Orihime Inoue's Child

Originally Created in 2016

This was the last of all of these Parent! bleach x reader fics...I might do more if anyone has ideas but this is most likely the end as this was on m Deviantart account

XoxO