Sinners To Be Saints

June.

My birthday month.

I've recently become seventeen (I was soooo tempted to just leave it at seven and just confuse people XD), and have entered my last year of teenhood, racing to the next length as though I've slept a millennium. It feels... strange, to say the least, but I sense a great wave of accomplishment through me as I write these words. It marks the years of hard work and brutal retribution I've thrown at the one I once called a family member, and hit him directly in the forehead.
And even still, there is one other reason why I love this month.

For those of you who don't know, June, is known as Pride Month.

The month of marches, of togetherness and the rising unison of harmonizing voices rising out of controversy, and hatred. How people come in great leagues to share their common interests of loves and transformations, equality and the rebirth of knowledge and experience. Even so, there are people still fighting for their rights, still trying to reach out for the love we have today, and still, progress is being made in so many places, in so many countries. How darkness melts away to light, with war comes peace, and visa versa.

Pride Month is all about bringing genders and sexualities of all kinds from across the country, and from all over the globe, online and offline. My favourite and the main Pride featured Wattpad peeps have to be lgbtq. They create amazing competitions, reveal incredible fun facts, and dare those true enough to step up to the play, and share personal expereinces and advice. This was their first year doing it, so I would like to thank them for taking the whole month to create something great!
I managed to win one of the competitions for making new LGBTQ flags in their book WattPride LGBTQ+ Pride Party, so thank you to the ambassador who votes for my flag, that was really kind of you!

But my favourite offline Pride thing, has got to be Steven Universe. This cartoon follows the story of Steven Universe (which has massively expanded possibilities in recent episodes, may I just add), who has the powers of his mother, Rose Quartz, who passed away giving birth to Steven. But the reason I love this show so much, is mainly because of the characters, known as 'gems'. Quite literally, rocks who have solid forms/holograms with mass, and are referred by female pronouns, but not as female gender: genderless, actually. (Nice mass. I know.)
So they appear more solid than holograms, and they have the abilities of shapeshifting and summoning weapons from their gemstones. Each gem has their own unique status and abilities attuned to them, and their own physical abilities.
All of this alone is fascinating, but they also have the ability of 'fusion'; meaning, what it says on the package, fusing their holograms together to create something entirely new and unique, including individual weapons and characteristics which sometimes end up completely different from what the gems once were. They gain additional body parts, such as eyes, arms and legs, and gain whatever weapons the origional gems had. These fusions are often created through relationship statuses, and the synchronisation of dance e.g Garnet being made of a romantic and loving relationship, being calm and resourceful, and Malachite being made out of a hurtful and untrusting relationship, ending up angered and constantly wanting to prove herself.

(Relevant Question Time! What are your favourite LGBTQ moments in shows, on the internet and in real life?)

So, since we're talking about Pride month, and things to do with Pride, this leads us on perfectly to the next length of the story; my first Pride March, and how it changed me.

--------------------------

Beige ceiling.

Beige walls.