「one 」

Jisoo walked through the broad hallway, not bothering all eyes staring at her. Some were even murmuring about her; how she looked hot just wearing a regular uniform, how bewitching her peaked cupid's bow-shaped lips were, and how truly beautiful she was. 

Notwithstanding their praises, she stepped in the classroom. A voice coming from afar called. She turned to see her best friend, Nayeon waving at her and signaling to come over. 

"Yah! Jisoo-ah, I came by your house earlier but your dad told me that you can't go to school. What happened?" Her concerned voice welcomed her as soon as she sat down next to her.

She just shook her head at the thought of her father overreacting that morning. "Nausea."

"Something wrong? Headache? Are you feeling sick?" Nayeon asked.

"Nah. I just ate something wrong. No worries." Being the type of person Jisoo was, she tapped Nayeon's shoulder and gave her a convincing smile. She didn't want her friends to be anxious about her, especially when something not that bad happens to her.

Well to be honest, she had been quite sick since last night but she didn't mind. She woke up having a heavy head, struggling to get up from bed until she found herself throwing up in the bathroom. It wasn't the first time that happened to her. But doubts began to flood her mind━ she wasn't craving for anything, not even having morning sickness for weeks? Just as about the thought of her being 'preggy', she quickly shook her head and laughed her ass off. Her sickness won't worsen and soon she'll be okay. 

"You say so," she muttered. "I almost forgot. Friday night, acquaintance party! I just heard from from Junmyeon." 

Nayeon has been dating Junmyeon, a member of the school council, for months already. She got to know first of all upcoming ideas of the school from her boyfriend and tell them all to Jisoo. 

Jisoo stayed silent, placing her bag beneath the desk whilst listening to what her friend was saying. 

"They haven't thought of a theme but I suggested a black light party. You know I've been wanting to go to those kind of parties! How about if we go the school right after dismissals-" She was cut off when someone from the class called.

"Kim Jisoo! Someone came to give you this." Her classmate said with a loud voice, catching everyone's attention.

He approached Jisoo and handed her a bouquet of light pink roses. Her eyes stopped on a note attached on it. "You're beautiful as always..." she read under her breath. Again the red rose and the sorry note came across her mind whilst looking at the flower in her hand. She thought, this was otherwise. Who would say sorry for his wrong then say she's beautiful happily like he didn't do anything? The red rose really came from another stranger, she thought. With furrowed brows, she turned her heads to the guy who was standing in front of her.

"Who gave this?" she inquired.

Her curiosity deepened when silence replied her. He just shrugged its shoulder. 

"I'll get going. Junmyeon's waiting!" Nayeon kissed her cheeks and waved goodbye as she ran away. 

There. Jisoo was left alone like the other few days that had passed. Yet she was not sad about it. Walking around the cafeteria, she found a vacant seat across a guy who was busy eating and gladly sipped on her water. She wasn't much into drinks, flavored, cola or coffee. 

She turned on her phone, smiling genuinely when she saw her Dalgom sticking out its tongue. Such a cutie! She let out a squeal. Unknowingly, the guy glanced at her and couldn't help but stare at her lovely eyes, pointed nose, and alluring lips while her long, straight hair fell perfectly at her back. "She's beautiful," he whispered under his breath.

Jisoo raised her head and to her surprise, Taeyong stood beside her arrogantly with his signature haughty smirk. Behind him was eight other guys of his eighteen-member gang. They were known inside and outside of the campus. Not because they do drugs and commit crimes, they were amazingly talented and good-looking. Some of them are varsity players, and most are in a band, a dance troupe, actors in the school theater. 

"Taeyong-ssi..." she uttered in a mocked tone.

Ever since people mistook her having a crush on Taeyong when in fact she was never interested about him. He's handsome, cool, and all but Jisoo couldn't confuse her feelings; she did not see him as a her potential lover.

He placed a pink rose on the table and met her gaze. "Did you like the flowers I sent you?" 

So he gave those pink roses? Jisoo opened her mouth but no words escaped. Taeyong smiled on her adorable reaction, tempting him to pinch her cheeks anytime soon.

All of a sudden, he yelled to call everyone's attention. "Listen up!"

"Kim Jisoo..."

People in the cafeteia, including the guy who sat across Jisoo, waited for his next words which left them in astonishment. 

"I LIKE YOU!"

With widened eyes, she rose up from sitting down and eyed him. Deep inside, she badly wants to get away from all the stares. Now that someone confessed, and that someone is Taeyong, her confidence dissolved. 

Taking in air into her lungs, she spoke with conviction.

"I'm sorry, Taeyong."