「ten」

"Who are you?"

Letting out a short breath, she slowly raised her head from looking down to meet the figure that towered over her own. A muscle involuntarily twitched at the corner of her right eye as she peered through the male that had his gaze raptly piercing into hers.

'Why is he looking at me like that?' She barely noticed how her hand has been firmly clenching onto the unlocked phone and how her fingers have been playing with the hem of her skirt. The only thing the latter was conscious of, was her heart helplessly throbbing against her chest.

Thump.

It was not until she began gnawing on her lower lip that caused the male to lower his stare down to her lips, earning a subtle frown from the anxious female. She gulped down at the sight. Having been caught in the action, he flickered his eyes back to hers.

She felt a weight on her shoulder as his hand was abruptly waving in front of her.

"Earth to Jisoo."

With her eyebrows creased and her lips pressed in a thin line, Jisoo tilted her head to the side only to come upon her friend shrieking. "Ya! I keep on blabbering things here, and you weren't even listening! Are you sure you're all right?"

"I'm sorry." Jisoo sighed, gently lifting up the book to stand on the table across her. "What were you talking about just now?" She perked her head up and glowed.

"Duh, what else would I be getting so excited about for days? The acquaintance party. It's in three weeks." Nayeon heavily sighed when she received nothing but a blank stare. Seriously. Not even for once did Jisoo pay any interest in it. Why does she even try? "Jisoo!"

The latter could only play her right ear lobe with her fingers — a habit she does whenever she finds herself flustered, as she sent another apologetic smile.

Nayeon, not putting up with her apology, continued to eye at her friend who was at the moment running her eyes over the same page as earlier. They have been staying in the library for quite an hour now. She had noticed how Jisoo would momentarily freeze and stare at nowhere then return to reading. In fact, her eyes would appear as though they were scanning through the words printed on the book, but they were rather still and fixed on one point. Though it was a frequent sight to witness, Nayeon could not remain gruntled. May it be far from her concern, her friend acting this way really disturbed her.

Jisoo was flipping through the pages when Nayeon, who had her torso leaned closer and her arms crossed over her chest, began to interrupt. "I know there's something up. Mind telling your best friend?"

She giggled after having to see Nayeon flutter her eyelashes with her hands specially clasped together by her right cheek.

"I'm Jisoo. I'm okay," she slightly shrugged and showed a reassuring smile.

Displeased, Nayeon squinted her eyes and eventually groaned in defeat, "fine. I'll stop bothering you about it for now." She rested her back on the wooden splat of the chair once again and laid a hand atop her stomach when she perceived a quick rumble a few seconds ago.

Rising to her feet, she slammed her hands on the table, receiving the attention of some seated not distant from theirs. Nayeon did ignore the fact that she had disturbed most of them but never did felt regret for doing so.

Jisoo flinched, looking up at her friend who seemed to slowly ingest what she did by now. "Where are you going?" She asked when the latter already walked a few meters away from the table.