「four」

Football players made their ways towards the bleacher after a practice. They grabbed their things from the bench and one by one, they all disappeared from the field. Jisoo popped out from the wall few meters away from the grassland. She was standing behind that wall for thirty minutes. She couldn't wait and sit on the bench, mainly because she was avoiding to meet one of Taeyong's member.

Just as she put down her bottoms on the bench, an unfamiliar voice called her. She turned back to see Doyoung from afar stretching out his arm and waved it happily. "Hey, noona!" 

Jisoo lowered her head, letting her hair fall down to cover half of her face. She tried to amble away but her steps got longer and more decisive when she heard voice other than Doyoung's.

"Why is she running away?" 

"I don't know. Just get her!"

She didn't know why she found herself scampering away from men chasing her. Her pulse accelerated, causing her to pause in the midst of the hall. Her knees were wobbly and cold sweats already formed on the corners of her forehead. She panted for air as she held on to something for support. 

"I'm not meeting up with that guy." Jisoo sneered and walked into the washroom near her. 

Eyes laid on her as she enter the room, so she hared off to a vacant cubicle. Intimated by the ladies' stares a while ago, she stayed silence, sitting on a closed toilet. She took her bag off her back and dropped it on the ceramic tile whilst unintentionally overheard the girls' gossip.

"Is she Park Jisoo? She sure is a beauty yet she's thick skinned." A shill voice remarked. It should've been a compliment━ should have but nevertheless, it still was. They were clearly directing their words to her.

"Yah! Keep it down."  The other rebuked but the tittle-tattle didn't seem to end.

"So what? It's not like we're doing something wrong. In fact we're just stating the truth. She rejected Taeyong-oppa!" Jisoo lowered her head in shame, chewing her lower lip. Her hand balled into a fist, nails digging on her palm. 

She wheezed, forming her lips in to a pout, and got to her feet. Taking more air into her nose, her fingers set on the handle of the cubicle door. Before she could even open it, she paused when another spoke.

"I heard Taeyong was just playing with her. He doesn't feel anything for that bitch! I bet she liked him first so he considered it then toyed her. Usual Taeyong things; like he never gets serious about relationships." If only Jisoo had the courage to get out of the cubicle and stand up for herself, but her tongue seemed to withdraw, surging her bravery down her throat.

"Oh, you knew about the new hottie? He's really good-looking! Sad to say, he's a junior and he recently broke up with his girlfriend."

"What's his name again? Jeon-"

Jisoo's breathing came at ease when the voices slowly disappeared. Without fear and uncertainty, she briskly pushed the door and left the cubicle. She stepped towards the washroom sink and eyed her reflection on the mirror.

"Tch. I have name, and it'not Park Jisoo. Kim Jisoo!" she taunted before leaving the room.

The paddle hairbrush stroked against her long, black hair. People could tell it was naturally a 'virgin hair, because she haven't had it through rebonding, coloring, or treatments. But she thought of having her hair dyed faded purple someday.

Jisoo was in her button-up long sleeved pajamas and was off to bed. Her clock said it was nine in the evening, but she ends up sleeping past her bedtime. 

Her throat felt dry and the urge to drink dominated her mind. She trooped wearily downstairs and ran across her father who was sipping on a cup of ginseng tea. He came out of the kitchen, cautiously holding the cup, when he turned to look at her worn out daughter.

"Jisoo-ssi!" He called in a baritone voice. "You are not my daughter! Definitely not! I never had a dog-tired unlovely weary sheep."

"Dad!" she snapped in a mocked tone. She was used to her father teasing her all the time, but she gets irritated too, especially now that she was not in the mood. "No hype," she uttered and made her way towards the refrigerator.

"Drink your medicine!" Jisoo was startled of his sudden command. Yet she grabbed a glass and poured water into it. "Have tea instead," her father added.

She pouted her lips and yelped, "Dad, I want chocolate." Jisoo grabbed a bottle of banana milk from the refrigerator and collected few snacks from the pantry. Giving a short glance to her father, she strolled out.

Jisoo lied on the bed, feeling tired after having her night snacks. She always munch on food before doing anything. It was bad idea she ate sweets before bedtime. Her stomach didn't feel good at all. 

Her hand grasped her phone on the nightstand next to her bed when a loud 'ting' filled the silent room. She turned on her phone to see thirteen unanswered calls on its notification panel and hurriedly clicked her inbox.

From : 010 9XXX YYYY

pls givr mwe a seconsd chance

sent 11:27 PM

She creased her eyebrows on her forehead. Before she could lay a finger on the reply button which was new, she scrolled upwards to see previous message. They must've been sent when she was busy eating at the living room.

'i an sorryu'

'baby plss'

'dint leaveee mre'

'i love youui'

'i m srruy'

The heck is wrong with this guy, she questioned herself. Shutting her eyes, she mentally thanked the heavens for not having to respond to the calls and texts she had received, when all along she was snacking out the room. She froze as her eyes widened when a contact number was seen on the screen. 

010 9XXX YYY calling...

--

Note from chi,

Knew you've been waiting for me to post this, so yeah. Here's to you.